Skip to main content

log Books--- information please

More
11 years 9 months ago #86426 by Bruce99
Yes I wouldn't chance it but I just thought I'd post the actual wording of the relevent section.
Just another one of those ........ "it would cost more to try to defend it so pay up & shut up" items........

***********&&---Bruce99---&&***********

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #86427 by Chocs
Rodga that Bruce..

I have asked the 'prime mover' question...
For a rigid class registration...
(For the purpose of a lower registration cost, for full road use in a promotional capacity - which included hire and reward)

One answer was similar to..

Mr. Chocs, we believe you are trying to be a smartypants, or similar..

Its fully registered.....as a Prime Mover..

chocs 8-)

More
11 years 9 months ago #86428 by oldbob70
G`Day
Thanks for info and discussion Gents---I will get a log book in WA before I leave ---as I am going to take my troopie( for the drive back) on the back of the MAN (Two channells u bolted across chassis --fork on and off)---- I will have to be spot on legal.
I found that if I own both veihcles I can take them on a permit.So that is all fixed up
OLDBOB

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #86429 by
where this can get a bit murky with the authorities is, once again, in the interpretation of the wording....

Bruce99 pointed out this line ''(b) that is not intended to carry goods or passengers by road'' whereas possibly it should state, ''(b) that is not ORIGINALLY intended to carry goods or passengers by road''

fwiw

11 years 9 months ago #86430 by
This question is similar to situation with my old thornycroft when getting a permit. Was asked what type of body/type is it. I indicated cab chassis. As it didn't have a tray or a turntable on it. Was then told it has to have a body on it. So in the end the permit was for a prime mover. Even though couldn't operate as one! But this was acceptable!

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #86431 by oldbob70
G`Day Detective

Just to muddy the waters a bit What happens if the Chassis is to be fitted with a drill rig or crane---- no freight ---no passengers in theory no Logbook???
oldbob
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by oldbob70.

More
11 years 9 months ago #86432 by John Whale
hello all this question maybe a bit of topic sort of can i drive a prime mover bob tail on a heavy rigid license??? cheers whale

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #86433 by
good point oldbob 70 .. i guess if the drill rig or crane is still to be fitted, possibly with documentation to show, there wouldn't be too much of an issue...but when/if reverted back to a ''usable'' cab/chassis, ostensibly for other purposes....the issue could become, at least to the authorities, cut and dried

my suspicion is that if the vehicle is deemed as being able to carry goods or passengers, the authorities expect that it would be more than likely driven or transitted by a person engaged in those types of activities and a logbook entry, to these types, would be a non issue...but as your case is not that, it still may be worth enquiring about....in other words just state your case

More
11 years 9 months ago #86434 by hayseed

G`Day Detective

Just to muddy the waters a bit What happens if the Chassis is to be fitted with a drill rig or crane---- no freight ---no passengers in theory no Logbook???
oldbob

I'm Happy to be corrected, here..

If the GVM is greater than 12tonne..

It's irelevalant, what shape, or Type of body,or configuration it is.....

IT's all to do with GVM, of the vehicle in question....& if the GVM is 12Tonne or greater..

You need a Book.........

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #86435 by Chocs
Wheres Vic when we need him??

Some info here..

Drivers must use a work diary if they are driving a heavy vehicle with a gross vehicle mass of 12 tonnes or a combination, if the total of the GVM is over 12 tonnes, or a bus with more than 12 seats (including the driver)

www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/2D7...0/VRPIN020521FS9.pdf

We have had this can of worms several times before..i will see if i can find the link..
Here it is:
www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1308183825/0

chocs 8-)

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds