Skip to main content

log Books--- information please

11 years 9 months ago #86436 by
as Bruce99 pointed out, there is still that subclause...with the potential out of jail card....very murky...very grey, if looked at in the authorities own context

truly though, i wouldn't want to be the smarty pants testing the theory too much :-/ :-/ ::)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #86437 by Vic Rhodes
Chocs' & Hayseed ,Are both correct..
However...
Chocs gets a bonus point for Including the reference, to the Bus....

Old bob,, get a Work Dairy, & fill It out from the start of your Journey.....

If the Drill rig was fitted, & registered as Plant.
Bruce99 MAY have a point..........Because It is no Longer a heavy Vehicle, But a piece of Plant...

To keep interstate rivalry at Bay. Here is the National transport Commision Link...

www.ntc.gov.au/viewpage.aspx?documentid=1621

John Wale. Yes you Can.....

More
11 years 9 months ago #86438 by Chocs
Thanks for that Vic..
Always good to hear from you..
Particularly off the record..

chocs 8-)

More
11 years 9 months ago #86439 by geoffb
MR Rhodes
Clarification please up to the 12 tonne no restriction as in no log book no time restrictions no 00 breath rule
But what if the CVM is over 12 tonne.
So if you have no attachment behind no rules?
But if you put a trailer on and still under no restrictions ?
:-/

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #86440 by
Geoffb,

Please clarify CVM. I have heard of GCM being the Gross Combination Mass but not CVM. I assume you mean Combination Vehicle Mass. Which is the same thing I guess?

Going by what I have read it is 12 tonne GVM or GCM. Also note that it doesn't matter what it weighs it is what is plated on the vehicle. So a empty prime mover weighing in say 6 tonne will need to fill in the log as the GVM would be greater than 12 tonne. Even though it currently only weighs 6!

If in doubt fill it out!

More
11 years 9 months ago #86441 by geoffb
Thats correct combined vehicle mass which if there is no tow attachment that rate can't be achieved I have travelled all over Australia with said vehicle and never been asked for a log book and breathalyzed after have having maybe one and never had a problem.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
11 years 9 months ago #86442 by Swishy

Saloooon car Browny

Gudday M8

RE: breathalyzed after have having maybe one

Now
Thiz don't add up
U told me th@ the shortest of trips = 6 can trip

Wot Gives

LOL

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #86443 by
I suppose then Geoff it would be the combined GVM of the two vehicles would decided it if you get pulled over. So I would assume as you say if no trailer the combined GVM wouldn't be over 12. But if you have a trailer and the combined GVM goes over then yes you would.

I guess that would be the difference between GCM and CVM? Does make a bit of sense.

After posting my previous post I re-read a post as linked by Chocs. And what I mentioned above is mentioned by BigCam as being the case with some of his tilt trays. When running without trailers they can do so without log books (GVM just under 12 ton). But as soon as they hook up to a trailer the Combined GVM is over 12 ton so required log book.

Suggest you have a read of the link by chocs.

And if there is a particular vehicle that you are unsure of maybe contact the road authority you come under for a ruling/question.

In the end I don't believe you would have any issues with using a log book when you don't need it. But if you don't use the log book when you do you will be in trouble!

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #86444 by
...and that's the guts of it .....just state your particular case to your local authority...

...only problem being, and i guess in a lot of cases, the ''authority'' in question may not be able to fully furnish you with a definitive, cut and dried answer.....

..'spose that's where the solicitors make their dough :'( :'(

More
11 years 9 months ago #86445 by Bugly
Does this not hinge around the capability of a vehicle to exceed 12 tonnes GVM or GCM whether or not it does exceed it? I would have thought that if BigCams trucks could tow a trailer which put the GCM over 12 tonnes then a log-book would be required to be filled in irrespective of whether it towed the trailer or not.

BIDSTBC :) :)

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

Time to create page: 0.534 seconds