Skip to main content

LOCO 6042 going to be SCRAPPED?

More
14 years 8 months ago #13468 by Rusty Engines
HI all
This is from another fourm www.vintagemowers.net/

Report this postReply with quoteLOCO 6042 going to be scraped!!!
by victa18rotomo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #13469 by bparo
try www.railpage.com.au . It is an austrailan gunzel (railfan) forum.
I won't comment on the majorityof their members or their ideas but there are a some sensible peoplr including a couple of preservtion society managers who frequent it as well

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

14 years 8 months ago #13470 by
6042 is owned by Keith Jones from Dorrigo. He just hasn't picked it up. Definitly not going for scrap. You were lucky to get near it.
The caretaker guards it pretty well...........

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #13471 by Rusty Engines

6042 is owned by Keith Jones from Dorrigo. He just hasn't picked it up. Definitly not going for scrap. You were lucky to get near it.
The caretaker guards it pretty well...........

Hi old dog
Have recevied this from Kyle, so we now have two stories Do you know Keith?
Ian

Hi thanks for stating that!!! ive also been told this but im not real sure if its true. we went to the caretake and he was fine to let us see it but ive also been told that you wont get near it. i was told by the caretake that the council wants the old buildings demolsihed and the train scarped?? and the scrappys are going to be there any time soon. would there be any chance of getting a phone number of the owner??
Kyle
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Rusty Engines.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #13472 by Andy Wright
Wow, that is awesome. Just up the road from me too. Hope she can be saved no matter who has plans for her. Something like that should never be scrapped.

I'd be interested to hear any progression.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Andy Wright.

14 years 8 months ago #13473 by
Just google Dorrigo steam museum they have a lot of stuff
up there. You can be shure it won't get scrapped.
The mob at Canberra is in the middle of restoring 6029 and are well under way to completion..... Mark

More
14 years 8 months ago #13474 by Andy Wright
Cheers OD. My brother-in-law loves his trains so it's good to know these things. My NSW geography, having lived here for a week and a half, is crap but it looks like Dorrigo is a bit far away for a visit when he comes up. Canberra looks closer.

I've heard Victorian groups, unless they have their own lines, struggle with the new guage changes. Similar things happen here? Off to find 6029 now.

More
14 years 8 months ago #13475 by bparo
Andy. The problem is they are changing the Victorian Tracks freom 5 ft 3 in to 4ft 8.5in. NSW and the railway to Darwin and into Perth from the east are already the 4ft 8.5 inches so no problem for them.

There is a real danger for all tourist/steam railways of being regulated out of existence (including Puffing Billy) as the regulators insist on making changes that are costly to implement but offer no safety improvement in a locomotive crewed by more than one person.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #13476 by Andy Wright
Cheers, Bruce. We're starting to sound like the EC.

Rail guages were a problem during the war. Good to see they're finally getting them sorted... ::)

The new rolling stock for the metro line in Perth was/is built in QLD but had to be reguaged once it arrived in WA. The only place still capable of doing the change (well, in 06) was the Midland Workshops which the govt shut down in the late 90s but, fortunately, is still active with heritage activities.

Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Andy Wright.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #13477 by Sarge
lets just hope government madness does not let this magnificent piece of Australian History vanish.... they dont have a good track record.... any of them. >:(

Sarge :-X

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Sarge.

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds