Skip to main content

LOCO 6042 going to be SCRAPPED?

14 years 8 months ago #13478 by
Gday,

I just had a look at their site and if you click 'collection' and scroll down they have 6039 and 6042 on there as well.
www.dsrm.org.au/
So it would appear it is safe from the torch. :)

Hopefully one day it will run again somewhere.

Cheers
RS

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #13479 by monty
Watching pay over the weekend and featured these trains, apparently the south Africa still have a large fleets still operating and going strong making regular visits to Victoria falls

-Monty

More
14 years 8 months ago #13480 by JimmyDodge
G'day all, I was in Zimbabwe about 11years and I did a double take when I saw a mighty Beyer - Garrett Loco steaming away at Victoria Falls station , they really are an impressive looking loco engine in the flesh.
I do hope this old girl is restored and is thundering down the rails again one day soon.
I do agree with Bparo about some of these " rail enthusiasts" as my son and I had a day on a heritage train and on talking to some of these people on board, I don't think some of them are from this planet :-?
Harleigh.

More
14 years 8 months ago #13481 by JimmyDodge
Sorry all I meant 11 years ago, not for 11 years, is there an edit function on this forum? like some others?
H.

More
14 years 8 months ago #13482 by Andy Wright
Yep, James Dodger, you should see 'modify' at the top right of your post. Click on that and edit away.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

14 years 8 months ago #13483 by
Another of these mighty machines has been restored, it still needs a bit more work done on it, but hey, it still looks the goods.

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

www.theworkshops.qm.qld.gov.au/education..._no1009_20080901.pdf

14 years 8 months ago #13484 by
project6029.blogspot.com/search?updated-...0%3A00&max-results=7

Have a loo at the Canberra group they are going great

More
14 years 8 months ago #13485 by monty

More
14 years 6 months ago #13486 by Steam
Greetings chaps. This is my first post and yes I am a gunzel from way back. The bod who owns 6042 is one of the rail enthusiasts more strange characters. He goes under the name Casey Jones and has a fleet of engines and carriages hidden over a wide area of NSW. Dorrigo is the center of operations. Yes the Loco could be scrapped because Casey is never flush with readies. It takes a lot of readies to shift a loco this size.
The reason the rail fans attract the fringe element is because you do not need money to be a rail fan you just have to look at them. Of course this could be said of a lot of enthusiasts.
My interests have been The Tramway Museum Society.
The Steam Tug Wattle and Locomotive Restoration.
Yours 4-6-4

More
14 years 6 months ago #13487 by ianoz
Hi Steam ,Welcome to the forum ,Well we are involved with trucks so we are all on the same train as you with a screw loose ;D ;D ian.

Time to create page: 0.575 seconds