Skip to main content

D.B. Work Light

More
2 years 5 months ago #227334 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic D.B. Work Light
Cobba, nice work, no, excellent work by you as always, I have played with flat belts, lots of fun, I found that lacing were not a great success , busted or stretched or pulled out of shape often all at once. Got onto bifurcated copper rivets, much more betterer. The rivets may be hard to find these days. Overlap join or patch join, I mostly did overlap. Running a saw bench or the old sunshine AL header. I also later found flat belt metal joiners, will get a pic tomorrow.

My workmanship is not even 8n the same game as yours. Perhaps that was my problem ..... still....

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #227335 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic D.B. Work Light
Hi Searge, thanks for the thumbs up. I looked at all different ways of joining from lacing, riveting, bonding and then all the different types of metal jointing systems. I thought why not have a go at this lacing thing. The next one I might do the double row lacing which should improve the strength a bit further. There is that chance that the lacing I have used is maybe a bit light weight but lets have some fun and have a go ya mug. If it lets go then it lets go and then try plan B, C and so on until something goes right.
Now those burficated rivets you mentioned I did see them somewhere recently and feel that they may still be available online. Since I have never run anything on a belt it is a learning curve for me annnd from what I have seen in videos and at those things known as Rallies that there appears not to be a lot of strain on the belt or joins and very little tension between the engine and driven item. So time will tell when it is play time with the McDonald, yes that filthy bloody thing under cover and a small centrifical water pump.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds