Skip to main content

international 414

13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #22889 by
Replied by on topic Re: international 414
Ian - It sure does. No lawyer would ever have a leg to stand on, for that kind of copying. I'm educating people, and nowhere have I copied any more than 10% of the particular book.

Most importantly, I'm not doing it for financial gain.

There's a fella who trades as Barrios Books, who lives near Perth. He sells lots of copied manuals (mostly on Oztion), including Caterpillar manuals .. without any agreement from Cat, as I see it.
He's treading on dangerous ground. All it takes is one Cat lawyer to be alerted, and he will get a nasty letter from Cat, demanding payment for all the Cat books he's copied .. :(

Ray - Go get your Rottweiler lawyer and savage them!! .. nothing less than a huge payout, must be in the offing here!! LOL ;D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #22890 by Jake Brake
Replied by Jake Brake on topic Re: international 414
I've actually sent this seller a message on ebay and they have now removed my photo only to replace it with a photograph that belongs to Tony Petch who DOES have copyright on all his photos!! Unbelievable!
Ray

White the greatest name in trucks.

More
13 years 6 months ago #22891 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: international 414
the guy must be a classic lol

13 years 6 months ago #22892 by
Ray - All Tony Petch has to do is complain to eBay, that his copyright photo is being used without his consent .. and eBay will fall on that seller like a ton of bricks.
They cancel the auction .. they won't refund the sellers listing fees .. and they warn the seller that if they're caught doing it again, eBay will suspend their account.
They even send the seller a link to eBay listing policies, for the seller to read, to brush up on, what is, and what's not, allowed.
Picture theft is taken pretty seriously by eBay .. they classify it as a form of auction fraud .. :(

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #22893 by greenie
Replied by greenie on topic Re: international 414
Now this thread is really getting of-topic, but sh!te, here's my two bobs worth.

That seller on e-bay calling himself auskid40, from Ballarat, is a person by the name of Charlie Eden and he is just as unscrupulous with the castings that he does. It does not worry that thief, what he does on e-bay, as there have been numerous complaints to e-bay about him. As he is a seller, they will do NOTHING, you will get absolutely no joy from e-bay AT ALL.

He swipes other peoples resin cast products and then re-casts/copies them and then sells these re-popped ones as his own, he's been doing this for quite a few years now and he 's still got all his teeth, got me buggered, somebody should have filled him in by now.

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

13 years 6 months ago #22894 by
Greenie - The Bayside Diner is an excellent website, with forums for exposing the regular numbers of shonks, outright thieves, crooks and scammers, who frequent the on-line auctions.
Fortunately, they only make up a small percentage of the overall number .. but as in everyday life, the 1% make it hard for the other 99% honest, genuine people.

www.thebaysidediner.com/

I've found eBay are fairly good on nailing people who are dishonest .. but there are numbers of people who run on the fringes of the law .. as this bloke apparently does .. and eBay and law enforcement can't really act, until they have proof that he has carried out an unlawful act .. that warrants a charge .. and which can be made to stand up in court.
There are plenty of ways of evening the score with these kinds of people, without resorting to courts, if you've been ripped off .. as you should know.
They tend to have little "accidents", and unfortunate events befall them, that can't be easily explained .. ;)

More
13 years 6 months ago #22895 by paul404
Replied by paul404 on topic Re: international 414
Geez the fishings good round here!!! :o

More
13 years 6 months ago #22896 by kennymopar2
that is a friendly shark .. must be its smiling not dribbling ;)

13 years 6 months ago #22897 by
Is that Hupppuppy ;D playing with the shark . ?? Dave

More
13 years 6 months ago #22898 by kennymopar2
huppypuppy would be pointing a paintball gun at it ?

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds