Skip to main content

A break from restoring trucks

More
2 years 2 months ago #231802 by cobbadog
Just to amuse you lot, this is my attempt to build my very own Bulldog Tractor, in scale. I have used the Buzacott twin flywheel, 2HP hit n miss engine and sat it on top of a Cox Stockman ride on mower. By fitting a cross shaft under the chassis I then ran a multi ribbed belt around the flywheel to the shaft. Then a B section belt back to the standard friction drive. After a lot of fiddling about I finally managed to get to do a Grand Parade at the Rusty Iron Rally with a lot of smiles from the public. I wrote in texta on one of the mud guards "Problems In Progress" as that best described the project. Even now it likes to test me and when it is sitting int he engine compound and I slow the revs down it bounces on the front tyres. This little engine was originally spotted at the rally by Dee who ran over to have a look at it and came back asking for the cheque book as she had just bought an engine. She has a good eye and knowledge on these things as it is a very good reliable engine and always starts first crank.
Don't laugh too much at me but I was having fun and to see this little engine drag me about shows I must have the ratios somewhere near right. I will dig out some info on FLO soon.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan, Inter-Action, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, Normanby, overlander, PaulFH, asw120, V8Ian, Zuffen and 1 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #231855 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic A break from restoring trucks
My collection is but a shadow of it's former self. At one stage I had 20 engines and 2 tractors but now it's just a 1920 Crossley and a Howard 2000 with implements. It's all I could fit in the shed with xp ute, then the dodge. Also once my legs started to get wobbly I was worried that they wouldn't mix well with exposed flywheels!

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Morris, Inter-Action, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.645 seconds