Skip to main content

Lister CD 8HP named Ray

More
1 year 4 months ago #242748 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Lister CD 8HP named Ray
Does the cement mixer in the background of one photo have a name?

Everything else seems to have a name.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #242749 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Lister CD 8HP named Ray
Yes it is made in Greece

Con from Crete
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, asw120

More
1 year 4 months ago #242751 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Lister CD 8HP named Ray
The Italians started arriving in Australia, by the thousands, post-war. By the mid-fifties the catch cry was "we came, we saw, we concreted." :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
1 year 4 months ago #242752 by Inter-Action
And a good thing they did! We almost need another influx of "Workers" to get this country back on track!!
How else would the snowy scheme have got built??
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, wee-allis

More
1 year 4 months ago #242767 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Lister CD 8HP named Ray

And a good thing they did! We almost need another influx of "Workers" to get this country back on track!!
How else would the snowy scheme have got built??

I think the world is fresh out of workers, got plenty of people but stuff all workers

Anyway the greens would never allow a snowy scheme today

Cobba I find a good squirt of oil in the motor helps tremendously in situations like you describe at the moment

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 year 4 months ago #242770 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Lister CD 8HP named Ray
Zuffen, Lang nailed it, he is Con from Crete. It just bhelps when things have names as to who is coming out to play. Sometimes names are forgotten just like them as they get buried under other items. Slowly I clean up stuff and find long lost Family.
Paul, wouldn't putting oil down the guts raise the compression further?
As Lorry is on charge still over night, he will be all systems go tomorrow, David has had a run today and the belt is in place. Just have to line it all up which is tricky as the flywheels don't have a crown on the face to centralise the belt. IT will be a morning of on n off David I feel.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
1 year 4 months ago #242771 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Lister CD 8HP named Ray
As per Paul's suggestion, this may be all that is required. Given that there is no way your new rings will be sealing very well until they've had a run.
Several "accellerate" cycles, or a run on a pump to bed them in, then all good from there.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

More
1 year 4 months ago #242784 by cobbadog
Start eating your popcorn.
Well it took a lot to get set up so the belt didn't come off and then it took a while to not just fire but keep running but he did it. This is the very beginning of the mosquito control for our little village, more to come.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH, V8Ian, oliver1950

More
1 year 4 months ago #242785 by cobbadog
Here Ray is running on the throttle set position on the rack/fuel pump. I guess this is for when he is running a generator, it is a small piece of metal that throws over and stops the rack from opening up to full position. He has now run for well over half a hour with no previous issues showing up. I have had him opened up to full throttle for a short time and more black smoke came out but I guess this is because the new rings have not bedded in yet.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH, oliver1950

More
1 year 4 months ago #242786 by cobbadog
Here Ray is under load, well a little bit. This piece of over 100 years old hardwood sure smokes well. The first side had a nail in it and sparks came off that quite well so I turned it over and made smoke. I think I found a small issue but will investigate that later to confirm. I have had Ray on full throttle and he tossed more black smoke out but guess this is because the new rings are not bedded in yet. Happy he is starting off the starter motor/crank handle again. After his long run the heat was evenly spread around the cylinder and head. The radiator top tank was warm to hot and bottom warm only so the thermo syphyon is working. It is also amazing how much air that fan draws though the radiator and this is with out a shroud that was on the original radiator.

Bloody Happy as.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Lang, PaulFH, oliver1950

Time to create page: 0.566 seconds