Skip to main content

Toft loader

More
13 years 1 month ago #50214 by q4016lanz
Toft loader was created by q4016lanz
Toft loader built in bundaberg 1950s to 1960 vintage the tractors a 10 60 nuffield not the best tractor for the job reverse gear is to hi they were built to load full stalk sugar cane then they made toft chopper harvesters to cut it in about 9in peieces which they still use today. The toft loader is very handy for loading scrap, loading timber, cleaning out dams etc.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #50215 by The Learner
Replied by The Learner on topic Re: Toft loader
good looking toy could come in handy now and then
but what about pilot safety i dont see anything much, really hate for something in the clam to fall in your lap that would get a scary for my liking but what ever tickles your fancy
cheers :)

You learn something new every day

More
13 years 1 month ago #50216 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: Toft loader
This machine wasn't built dangerously, it was how it was operated that might have been dangerous. But then OH&S arrived and stayed, and then people could blame somebody else if things went pear-shaped. :D

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
13 years 1 month ago #50217 by q4016lanz
Replied by q4016lanz on topic Re: Toft loader
Its is a scary machine on these hills its always got a wheel off the ground but its saves my back i take it steady i got it a few years ago from shoe steel in bundy they used it to load all the scrap trucks they have a bigger one now.
cheers :) :)

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #50218 by
Replied by on topic Re: Toft loader
She looks like a real beast. I reckon if she was mine, I'd have the biggest set of wheel counterweights I could find, attached to the drive wheels, to give her the needed stability.

More
13 years 1 month ago #50219 by BK
Replied by BK on topic Re: Toft loader
Fit duels 8-)

Trust me

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #50220 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: Toft loader
cool ----what is the trailer load of tractors in the 2nd picture

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #50221 by q4016lanz
Hi Melonreo
Yes well spotted there in the tomm online if you want a better look no more shed room :) :)
cheers john.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #50222 by krmoyle
Replied by krmoyle on topic Re: Toft loader
Good to see I'm not the only crazy so-n-so that owns one of these. They're a great machine. Between my uncle, who bought his new in 1964, and myself we own a total of 5 of these old girls.

The one thing I've found with them is that even if the machines were produced in the same year there are small differences. Mainly in the hydraulics and linkages.

Yours must be an earlier 10/60 version than mine. Mine has the tandem Vickers vane pump whereas I see yours has the separate pump for the slew system.

Over the time I've owned mine I've tried to collect as much detailed info as I can as well as some of their common weak points. I've even been lucky enough to pick up an original sales brochure and a copy of the patents dating to 1956.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by krmoyle.

More
12 years 9 months ago #50223 by q4016lanz
Yes krmoyle the only information i have on the toft loader is in the power farming anuals i have a few different bukets and a cane grab for it cheers john :)

Time to create page: 0.442 seconds