Skip to main content

Eudunda Sounds of the Past 2011

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #67553 by Tacho
G'day everyone.
Last Sunday was the Eudunda Show and Sounds of the Past old machinery section. It was a bugger of a day with a hot north wind blowing and not very pleasant. There were less exhibitors than usual and the crowd was less. Here's a few pic's.

John Deere 3020 and Case 600

McCormick Deering WD9

TEA20 Ferguson and Chamberlain 9G touring tractor

Lanz Bulldog L

Fordson N

Another Fordson in it's working clothes.

When I saw this from a distance I thought WTF is that. Some enterprising fellow has used Massey Harris panels with binder and other steel wheels and a Lister motor to drive it.

Some stationary engines for the engine people. Highwheeler asked for some from an earlier event so I remembered to take some this time.

There weren't too many trucks this time.

There was one very important one. This is Acar Rob's latest toy, a 1980 White Road Boss with Detroit 8v92, 15 spd RR

Today he turned up here in the White to have a look at his McGrath bogie flat-top to see what is needed to pass inspection for rego.

And after that he thought we should take the Road Boss for a jog around the block. Not too far out on to the road and it became a flat-strap gallop. I think he was trying to copy saloon car browny.Have a look at the smirk on his face when we got back.

Hope you enjoyed. Cheers Geoff
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Tacho.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 5 months ago #67554 by Swishy

Tacho
Gudday M8

Gr8 Pix
Keep m Cummin

interesting variety of mixed equipment

any screeemer powered beast puts a smile on everybody's face
LOL

Cya

[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
12 years 5 months ago #67555 by bigcam
Tacho, tell Rob I'm turning green up here. That is a good looking truck, makes the right sound too. LOL.
Looks like you might be getting another good looking Road Boss down your way shortly as well.

More
12 years 5 months ago #67556 by q4016lanz
Thanks for posting Geoff allways good to other peoples gear from down south. Thanks John :) :)

12 years 5 months ago #67557 by
Hello Geoff , thanks so much for the great photos ol, mate . Very much appreciated the stationary engines and ROAD BOSS screamer . Ditto swishy and Cam , just can't go wrong with great gear like that . Good one Tacho ! :) :) :)

12 years 5 months ago #67558 by
g'day all i reckon i painted that road boss for bruce ????? in about 1991. he was subbying to finemores doing livestock.... bidstbc

cheers

12 years 5 months ago #67559 by
g'day again i remember the blokes name as bruce humphries from benalla and sharpening up the memory it was painted in 1994. bruce died a little while back...RIP.

cheers

More
12 years 5 months ago #67560 by Tacho
G'day Detective,
Thanks for the additional info about Rob's Road Boss and the painting.
I phoned him after your first reply as his computer is RS and still away being fixed. He is also flat-out carting grain so no time to look at the forum anyway. No doubt he will be in touch with you some time to get some more details.

Cam, I meant to ask before, but now can you tell us South Oz blokes a bit more about your Road Boss coming down here. Is the new owner a HCVC member. a member of this forum, an old truck tragic or what?
In the words of that famous Queenslander Pauline "please explain"

Cheers Geoff

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #67561 by bigcam
Geoff, the boys are on thier way, the new owner is not computer literate, though he is in the HCVC, I'm pretty sure you and Rob know him, he's got a fair collection of Whites.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by bigcam.

More
12 years 5 months ago #67562 by Thunders-Truk
Tacho, did the car alongside the White have the 44 in the boot or didn't you notice ?? he, he. ;D

Tony

TONY C. (SA)&&&&LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO DRIVE BORING VEHICLES !!

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds