Skip to main content

Inter AB120

More
14 years 10 months ago #11834 by Recy Mech
Inter AB120 was created by Recy Mech
Err...any known problems or things I should look out for. Looking at a 1963 Inter AB120. Are parts going to be a problem? Anyone dropped a diesel into theses bad boys? And the list goes on.

Bottom line is this a good buy for a project? Also looking at a Inter C1200...ah decisions, decisions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #11835 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Inter AB120
The AB should be a relatively easy truck to restore, providing you have something decent to start with. Cab rust was a big problem on these, mechanical bits easier to find.

More
14 years 10 months ago #11836 by Recy Mech
Replied by Recy Mech on topic Re: Inter AB120
Yeah, from the photo's I have been supplied the body itself is simple (just the way I like it), no rust is visible and the body appears 'straight' as for the mechanicals, as stated, I looking at droping in a diesel.

If anyone has actual personal accounts/info on the Chevy 6.5L liked to know.

Cheers

More
14 years 10 months ago #11837 by atkipete
Well they came out with a Perkins 6-354 in the heavier models. Not sure the chassis in yours would handle it. If no rust is visible you might need to have a better look.

14 years 10 months ago #11838 by
Replied by on topic Re: Inter AB120
I would have to agree with Atkipete. I would be amazed to find a AB without rust! I'm sure they must have existed once! :D

I have 3 main spots for rust on my AB. That is just in front of the doors (down the bottom and near the windscreen). Bottom edge of the doors and the bottom corner of the cab near the step. Top gutter shows signs of age but currently ok.

Certainly if you have found the extremly rare rust free AB it would be easy to find mechanicals for it. as for re motoring it I haven't had any experience with that. I do know that there are a couple of C series running around with diesels in them but I haven't seen that many AB's remotored.

More
14 years 10 months ago #11839 by atkipete
There is an AB120 in this months Monitor. Sounds like a good one.

More
14 years 10 months ago #11840 by Recy Mech
Yep, I can confirm rust. received photo's today from seller (other than the one's on the 'site). Funny how the 'site's' photo's didn't show the rust, and when asked for some additional happy snaps...there it is.

Asking price AUD $3K.

More
14 years 10 months ago #11841 by Recy Mech

There is an AB120 in this months Monitor. Sounds like a good one.

Where do I look/find?

More
14 years 10 months ago #11842 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Inter AB120
'The Monitor' is the Historic Commercial Vehicle Club of Australia's Monthly newsletter. It is the club that started this forum, current membership details are on www.hcvc.com.au .

I couldn't find any AB120 details in it but there were detail of an AA120 and an AB130 - Ironman check your PMs

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
14 years 10 months ago #11843 by Recy Mech
Cheers for the lead, I just contacted the the owners. it seems all the Inters and for that matter Dodge's are over in the east. Cost doesn't seem to be a big problem, but frieght! Car carriers are charging more than what the rolling stock would cost me.

Anyone know of a reasonable car carrier coming over to the west?

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds