Skip to main content

Inter AB120

More
14 years 9 months ago #11844 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Inter AB120
If its a goer you could try putting it on the boat,though there isn`t that much price difference between sending a big truck or a little one.I just paid $3800 + GST to get a 6X4 Isuzu 1400 over to Brisvegas from Freo,and it`s the same to get it back home again,that truck is 2.5X11m and weighs 11T.They seem to charge on size more than weight.Wallenis Willhelmson is who we used.It`s still a lot cheaper than putting it on a truck.I`ve got the blokes contact details at work.E mail me if you want them.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #11845 by
Replied by on topic Re: Inter AB120
Ironman - Call Watsons Express transport and ask for a depot-to-depot quote. This means that when you buy a vehicle, you have to deliver it to Watsons depot in Melbourne or Sydney, and then pick it up from their Welshpool depot, on Welshpool Rd.
It will still set you back about $1600 or $1800, regardless of how you transport it.
The other option is to buy a cheap one way fare for $200 or $250, and drive the vehicle back, if its in reasonable shape. If it's unlicenced, you can get a permit from any State that will allow you to drive it home to W.A. You would save about $500-$800 doing it this way.

www.watsonexpress.com.au/

More
14 years 9 months ago #11846 by Recy Mech
Replied by Recy Mech on topic Re: Inter AB120

Ironman - Call Watsons Express transport and ask for a depot-to-depot quote. This means that when you buy a vehicle, you have to deliver it to Watsons depot in Melbourne or Sydney, and then pick it up from their Welshpool depot, on Welshpool Rd.
It will still set you back about $1600 or $1800, regardless of how you transport it.
The other option is to buy a cheap one way fare for $200 or $250, and drive the vehicle back, if its in reasonable shape. If it's unlicenced, you can get a permit from any State that will allow you to drive it home to W.A. You would save about $500-$800 doing it this way.

www.watsonexpress.com.au/

Re: the bit about driving it back, I have been chasing a licensed vehicle to do exactly that...drive it back. Trouble is only one (1) in QLD but asking a bit much. Didn't know could get permits to drive unlicenced vehicle interstate, I thought only from residence to rego department or vehicle repairer.

Might do a bit of web research, looking at a 'couple' of possible 'goers' over in Victoria, so if your saying maybe possible just permits from VIC, SA, & finally WA. Well it's only an email.

More
14 years 9 months ago #11847 by Recy Mech
Just an update, your right onetrack (you were never in doubt... :-/). Just check with VicRoads and the SA equivalent and there is a limited drive to residence or interstate rego.

Now, so long as the vehicle makes it across the Nullabor :)

More
14 years 9 months ago #11848 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Inter AB120
I`m pretty sure you can get a permit in any state and drive the thing right accross the country if you want to.Some states require a Roadworthy certificate though,and they all make you state the route you are taking.If you buy the QLD one and have a QLD garaging address you might be able to put it on club rego,about $200.

More
14 years 9 months ago #11849 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Inter AB120
Hi Ironman ,I spoted a 1963 AB120 for sale in victoria for 3grand ,they reckon its still got the original floor mats and in good nick. I can Pm you the details if your interested,was also a c1200 with a 6354 perkins and 6 speed box but he wanted $10000 With it suiting restoration.in QLD .ian.

More
14 years 9 months ago #11850 by Recy Mech

Hi Ironman ,I spoted a 1963 AB120 for sale in victoria for 3grand ,they reckon its still got the original floor mats and in good nick. I can Pm you the details if your interested,was also a c1200 with a 6354 perkins and 6 speed box but he wanted $10000 With it suiting restoration.in QLD .ian.

G'day ianoz, yep I know about those two Inters, contacted both owners and received some extra photo's.

The C1200 is actually a C1300 and speaking to the owner over the phone has got a heap of extra's as he used it for travelling all over QLD. Still $10000 is a bit steep, somewhere around 8K would of been the mark I reckon.

Interested in the other, might put in an offer as I've got to get it over to the west.

More
14 years 9 months ago #11851 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Re: Inter AB120
Hi Ironman, Realistically mate if you buy a truck that isn't in WA then is has to be a super cheap deal or the best truck in existance. I had been chasing a Dodge prime mover or big tray top for years and every one that I looked at that wasn't in WA was far too expensive to transport, one quote I got was $9000 from western nsw to Kalgoorlie. I eventually found a tray top in WA for the right price(ie. cheap) and will spend the money on restoration rather than transport even though it still cost a bit to get it up to Kal from Perth.

More
14 years 9 months ago #11852 by Recy Mech
G'day 600Dodge and everyone else,

The storey thus far is that over east has by far the most Inter's & Dodge's that come up for sale than here in the west, you probably know that by now, excuse me if I'm preaching to the chrior.

What I have found in my search is if I can at least get a 'driveable' Inter or Dodge you can get temporary vehicle RWC for interstate transfer. That goes for: Victoria, SA, & WA. Haven't checked out NSW or QLD but I reckon they'd have the same. VicRoads lasts for 28 days, SA for 3 Days, & WA 3 days.

I figure the cost to drive from say Melbourne to Perth, less a breakdown on the Nullabor ;D will be around $700.00, will take 4 days (eating steak sangar's & coke ;D ). So I reckon all up $1000.00 to get it to Perth...oh...that is including the temporary RWC's.

A bit better than the $1200, that was the cheapest quote I could get.

Either way the restoration isn't going to be cheap, but there's more selection over east.

14 years 9 months ago #11853 by
Replied by on topic Re: Inter AB120
Ironman

I would take up the $1200 unless you can find a real good drivable truck.
You can also get a 1 day or 7 day permit for Victoria.
It is not a RWC it is only a permit to drive it to and from getting it repaired and getting a RWC.

Time to create page: 0.581 seconds