Skip to main content

Dodge AT4 675 information needed

More
14 years 9 months ago #11981 by Tony Lindsay
I am doing up a Dodge AT4 675 and need some information on raising the gross vehicle combination mass.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #11982 by bigcam
Raising the GCM of a vehicle is very tricky,you will have to get an engineer involved.In QLD an a QLD transport authorized officer can do it,but they still need to work out a lot of different things.I usually pass things like this over to an engineer.The things they look at are Gradability,can it go up a hill loaded,and obviously brakes,axle ratings,power,and chassis strength.Quite often it`s easier to buy a bigger truck,there was a reason the factory gave your truck the GCM it has.

More
14 years 9 months ago #11983 by Sarge
Tony, in victoria I just fronted up at my Vicroads appointment with truck, roadworthy and old rego number. My truck predates the compliance plates (1969 or 1970) so the staff resort to their very useful black books and based on weight, length, axles, tyre size and ply worked my GVM & GCM... tyre size and ply make a difference, if I had 10.00 I would have had a higher rating.

As it is, my single drive Acco can carry almost as much as Blacksmith Pete can on his bogie drive N10... good stuff in those black books. :P

Sarge :-X

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
14 years 9 months ago #11984 by atkipete
I think GCM would be 35,000lbs for that Dodge ie about 16 ton.

14 years 9 months ago #11985 by
Increased tyre size and rear axle size, is about the only way you would get a slightly bigger GCM. The chassis would then be the limiting factor. I think it would be cheaper to buy a bigger truck with a higher GCM, if you need to increase the GCM by a serious amount.

More
14 years 9 months ago #11986 by atkipete
Has your Dodge got a two speed diff, I think the next model up might have one and a bigger GCM. Performance on the highway isnt going to be real flash at that weight. . What are you carting ?

More
14 years 9 months ago #11987 by Tony Lindsay
I will be carting a D69U Dozer which ways about 11 ton so need to increase GCM by about 5 ton.. . i think it could be easier and cheaper to buy another vehicle - maybe a Dodge 760

More
14 years 9 months ago #11988 by kennymopar2
lol forget about putting a D6 on a 760 i put a "little allis chalmers" HD7 on mine (about 9.5 ton with blade & winch) it bent my springs backwards ! .. id say anymore weight the chassis may not cope either . . . the GVM on your 675 would be around 11.3 ton and firstly you would need a tough tray on it to carry a dozer so your tare weight would be over 5 ton before you start

More
14 years 9 months ago #11989 by Tony Lindsay
sorry i should have been clearer, i want to use it as a prime mover with a single axil trailer (do not have the trailer as yet though) Does anyone know what the gcm is of a at4 760.

More
14 years 9 months ago #11990 by atkipete
I think the GCM on the 760 model was 52,000lbs , about 23 ton ? If you are buying one see what it as registered at, if it has be down rated it is difficult to get it put up again.

Time to create page: 0.486 seconds