Skip to main content

Inter - Dodge: same but different?

More
14 years 9 months ago #12068 by Recy Mech
I'm guessing this may of already been answered or question put to your good selves, but I'm too lazy to search all the threads (can't blame me for being honest).

Anyhoo, checked out a Dodge At4 and what's its cousin in the Inters? AB???

Will parts be a drama, or can I just bast*rdise it with a bit of Inter/Dodge. Is Inter better than Dodge?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #12069 by kennymopar2
a lot of the parts are different but they are basically the same cabs . . my preference is the inter in the smaller trucks & dodge in the larger sizes .. i do prefer the dodge V8s 318s / 361s over the inter V8s 345s / 392s

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 9 months ago #12070 by Swishy

RE: Is Inter better than Dodge?

Jeeze IronMan Themz fight n words

But u might get away with it being on the Left coast
LOL
Only Joke n

U will find many partz may interchgange
But Murphyz law sez the bit U want is made of unobtainium
LOL
H8 2 put a damper on the restoration
LOL
but Inter/Dodge were very poplar so many may B still in bone yardz around Oz

best o luck

Cya

[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 9 months ago #12071 by bparo
One thing about the Inters is a lot of theire mechanical parts went unchanged for years or the new ones bolt in the same way. Handy whne having to replace worn parts

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
14 years 9 months ago #12072 by 600Dodge
Hi Everyone, new member and my first post. I saw this topic and as it pretty much sums up what I want to ask I thought I'd just hijack it, sorry if this isn't the done thing. What I want to know is if anyone can confirm that the inter and dodge cabs are interchangeable for sure? I need to recab my Dodge as the original cab has the roof rusted just about off and I have access to several far better Inter cabs but will most likely use all of the original panels from my truck so I don't want to change the cabs only to find that the dodge parts don't fit. Any help greatly appreciated.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 9 months ago #12073 by Swishy

Dodge600
GuddayM8

Not see n the beast
is it only the Roof th@ tiz R.S.
if tiz
u may B able to patch with duct tape then fibre glass over the roof then Your choice ifn U remover old steel roof from under the new fibre glass roof

But Only U'd no th@

Cya

[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 9 months ago #12074 by 600Dodge
Hi Swishy, Not just the roof but also the plenum under the dash and also below the windscreen. I did think about rouffing the job but I want to keep this truck for a while so I'd like to fix it proper like, I may end up doing a fibre job on it while I restore a better cab so I can keep it on the road without it becoming a convertible.

More
14 years 9 months ago #12075 by kennymopar2
as far as i know the cabs are interchangable ..its just trivial stuff that is different like bonnet pressing .. grill /lights etc is your dodge a AT4 or D5N ?

More
14 years 9 months ago #12076 by atkipete
I think around the pedals may be different also. But I have seen a Dodge cab fitted to an Inter so it should work the other way round.

More
14 years 9 months ago #12077 by 600Dodge
D5N Kenny, but Ive always liked the look of the AT4 so if I can get a decent complete cab and panels from an AT4 then thats the way I'll go. I think from the plates mine was a 160"WB but it seems to have been extended twice in its life to the point it is now 200+ inches WB with a 24ft tray. I had toyed with the idea of putting a twin cab on it but every one of them I have seen has been a rust bucket.

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds