Skip to main content

Inter - Dodge: same but different?

More
14 years 9 months ago #12078 by kennymopar2
ive a 760 At4 (single drive) with factory 361 V8 etc .. mine has a 18ft tray ..i was always after a longer wheelbase version ..is yours petrol or diesel powered ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #12079 by 600Dodge
Petrol mate, 318, 5 speed 2 speed diff. It isn't exactly what I wanted, I've always wanted a petrol V8 powered, bogey drive prime mover either AT4 or D5N but Ive never seen or heard of one for sale and as I'm based in WA the chances of finding one over this way is even slimmer.

More
14 years 9 months ago #12080 by Recy Mech

Petrol mate, 318, 5 speed 2 speed diff. It isn't exactly what I wanted, I've always wanted a petrol V8 powered, bogey drive prime mover either AT4 or D5N but Ive never seen or heard of one for sale and as I'm based in WA the chances of finding one over this way is even slimmer.

G'day 600Dodge, I too am over in the 'right' side of Oz...but I drink VB, anyhoo, I tried the wreckers for some parts, actually seeing if I could pick up a body (not human) preferably an Inter. It seems there's no money in Inters anymore (? how dare he speak those words) told to check out the Quocka.

I'm back up north now (fly-in, fly-out) so papers will be hard to get for the next two weeks, so will be checking out the net. My preference is for an Inter AB or maybe at a stretch C-line, the Dodge option was as they are/were made in the same assembly plant and basically the same from what this thread is confirming.

More
14 years 9 months ago #12081 by 600Dodge
G'day Ironman, Where are you working? I'm in Kalgoorlie, came here for a look about 9 years ago and the place just grew on me.

More
14 years 9 months ago #12082 by kennymopar2
the 318-3 i reken is the pick of the petrol motors in the dodge trucks .. the 361s are a lazy motor ive modified my 361 (straight LPG, higher compression, 4BBL manifold, dual exh etc) but its probably only on on par with my old AT4 690 (318 powered)

More
14 years 9 months ago #12083 by sidey
Gidday bloke , been knockin around the old Dodges and Inters over the years , you can interchange the cabs the only major difference is the firewall , where the Dodge has a Hydraulic clutch the Inters have a mechanical one , there isnt too big a job in doing a cut and shut on that part , I have seen it done , hope that helps , cheers..

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds