Basils Bitza

More
14 years 8 months ago #12811 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: Basils Bitza
Swishy,

My old man reckons I should call it :
BUSHPIG

Deb wants to call it :

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #12812 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Basils Bitza
I hadn`t heard of a 16 speed Spicer until about a month ago when a bloke I know from VIC told me he had one in his shed,I rang him a week later and he`d done a deal on a used truck with it and it was gone.I`ve driven a few 14 speeds which have a bit of a tricky change between 4th and 5th in the main box,and I wouldn`t mind getting hold of another one.It`s a change driving a splitter.My next dillema then would be what to put it in.Funnily enough,when I drive the White 2300 with a normal pattern Roadranger I have trouble remembering the pattern because the other two I`ve got are overdrive and the pattern is back to front for 4th and 5th,but I can drive customers trucks and not think about it.If you use the Roadranger valve on the Scania box you might have to use the shuttle valve as well,it acts as a relay valve as well as locking it out until it`s in neutral.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by bigcam.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #12813 by huppypuppy
Replied by huppypuppy on topic Re: Basils Bitza

I hadn`t heard of a 16 speed Spicer until about a month ago when a bloke I know from VIC told me he had one in his shed,I rang him a week later and he`d done a deal on a used truck with it and it was gone.I`ve driven a few 14 speeds which have a bit of a tricky change between 4th and 5th in the main box,and I wouldn`t mind getting hold of another one.It`s a change driving a splitter.My next dillema then would be what to put it in.Funnily enough,when I drive the White 2300 with a normal pattern Roadranger I have trouble remembering the pattern because the other two I`ve got are overdrive and the pattern is back to front for 4th and 5th,but I can drive customers trucks and not think about it.If you use the Roadranger valve on the Scania box you might have to use the shuttle valve as well,it acts as a relay valve as well as locking it out until it`s in neutral.

Cam,

Have a look at this video - you MUST watch in high definition but allow it time to buffer! And yes, this Kenworth has an air starter!

Synopsis: Chris gives us a run through on the Spicer PSO-16B Proshift transmission in his Kenworth K124CR with 18 litre Caterpillar 3408 engine!

Link:

Joe
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by huppypuppy.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 8 months ago #12814 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Basils Bitza

Other famous truck names

Guts n Glory

The High n the Mighty

Ramblin Rose

Miss Carriage

Mack Muncher

Cruisin on Hi

LOL

Cya

[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #12815 by GM Diesel
Yes thats a good point with the relay valve.
My old man reckons I should be using a quadbox in it which I agree would be abit of fun to drive but the Scania pumps out a fair bit more torque than a 237 Mack donk and im not sure what would happen long term. :D
My R700 manual shows the quadbox being used behind The Cummins 335 so maybe it would work.
Ive got a RTO 12513 which would work good to but ive bought the diff gearset now for a direct box.
Im after an easy ride so the synchro is probibly best.

Basil

Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by GM Diesel.

More
14 years 8 months ago #12816 by huppypuppy
Replied by huppypuppy on topic Re: Basils Bitza

Other famous truck names

Guts n Glory

The High n the Mighty

Ramblin Rose

Miss Carriage

Mack Muncher

Cruisin on Hi

LOL

Cya

[ch9786]

Swishy,

"Ramblin' Rose" is instantly out - the late Rick McCracken's B-61 Mack wears that name!

Joe

More
14 years 8 months ago #12817 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Basils Bitza
There`s a few 9 series 5 speed fullers which are basically the front half of a 10/15 speed ex buses around,and 6 or 7 speed spicers also ex buses about here if your looking for some,then all you need is a 4 speed Spicer auxillery that is manual shift,I know of one,and I could see if he wants to sell it,(the bloke is looking at a motor I`ve got at the moment).Mind that won`t be making it easy for Deb.
I used to drive a Denning Coach with an 8V71 and 6 speed spicer in Cairns a long time ago.The old girl had done a couple of million clicks,and was a bit loose in the gear linkages and everywhere else.The mob that owned it used to name a lot of their buses,and this one was called "The Lady Mossman".Being as how the outfit was from Mossman,north of Cairns.All the drivers called it the slut because it was a bit loose,and besides,everyone knew,there wasn`t any lady`s in Mossman.

More
14 years 8 months ago #12818 by GM Diesel
Hey Dubbo pup,

Is it ok if I personally attack you in public ?? :D

Whats with the quote box's in every post dude ?....we already read it once when it was posted >:(
If you keep it up it will eventually jam the forum up with snot and be as slow as bro.

Basil

More
14 years 8 months ago #12819 by Cunning Stunt
Replied by Cunning Stunt on topic Re: Basils Bitza
I think.............Desperado ;D

Some play hard to get

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #12820 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: Basils Bitza
this is the best i can do at short notice :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by melonreo.

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds