Skip to main content

Nord Lock washers

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #179675 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Nord Lock washers
Moral to dieseldog's story:
Think twice before buying a John Deere 3140 to restore; Murphy's Law dictates you'd probably end up with that one! :sick:
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by PDU.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #179677 by dno
Replied by dno on topic Nord Lock washers
I seen a liner Araldited into a cracked screamer block, machine went to a new home about 12months later and was still going OK. B)

Chipping away, one day at a time.
Limited Access Excavations.
Find me on Instagram, or search deankummer.com

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #179723 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Nord Lock washers
On further thought I remembered a die I was working on as a fitter and turner at General Motors - the main section punched out the blanks for the alternator pulley but cracked into two pieces.
The afternoon shift had pulled the die out of production to machine a new piece, and when I continued with the job, on day shift, was presented with the disassembled die. To assist taking measurements I glued and clamped it back together, and by the end of the day the new piece was underway in the machine shop.
However, when I came in the next day and picked up the new piece for final fitting I couldn't locate the die?
Apparently the afternoon shift saw all the pieces, reassembled the die complete with the glued section, and quickly put it back into production. It continued the run happily for the next two shifts before completing all required stock! :blink:
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by PDU.

More
7 years 2 months ago #179752 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Nord Lock washers
So maybe the two items in a two item toolbox shouldn't be wd40 and duct tape but wd40 and Araldite? Or maube Araldite is a good reason to upgrade to a three item toolbox.

More
7 years 2 months ago #179770 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Nord Lock washers
there is a lot of gear out there that does a amazing job at doing stuff it was never designed for

Duct tape I like for holding drop tubes in fertilizer boxes and combines

Silicone and insulation tape is just thing for fixing convoluted tubing that has liquid flowing thru it

Silasec and cement mixed is good for plugging cement or earthern ware pipes that are leaking you dont even have to wait for the leak to stop dripping once youve had some practice
Genco is the go for fixing castings that are broken you can drill and tap it and use a angle grinder to get it back into shape

I cant remember the name of the product but its a fiber glass bandage you soak in water and wrap around pipes and it sets and is good to go in 20 minutes at full pressure as in water mains pressure

Most of this gear saves me days of work on the farm these days and the uses for some of this gear I have found are amazing and most times the repairs are really long lasting

end of the day there is heaps of stuff we all use that it was never designed for but works well

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
7 years 2 months ago #179771 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Nord Lock washers
Scuse my ignorance but what is genco. Sounds handy

More
7 years 2 months ago #179773 by Mrsmackpaul
Its a two pack plumbers stuff they use for glue plastic to cement or just about anything to anything including skin if your new to it

use a bucket of water with your bare hands

Paul

More
7 years 2 months ago #179777 by Tired Iron
Replied by Tired Iron on topic Nord Lock washers
Mrs
I cant remember the name of the product but its a fiber glass bandage you soak in water and wrap around pipes and it sets and is good to go in 20 minutes at full pressure as in water mains pressure

Rappit/Wrap it?
Used this stuff on low pressure leaks. Low pressure? So long as you could get it to stay on as you wrapped more and more, that's low pressure. No prep-just throw it on.
Like you said a bit later with the bucket of water -wear the gloves or you become a bit attached. As soon as it starts to warm up, step back

More
7 years 2 months ago #179785 by Mrsmackpaul
I dunno what the name is its on a pack in the shed I think

this stuff comes in a plastic bag and in that bag it comes with gloves and all
I fill the little satchel the bandage comes in up with water and massage the the contents and start wrapping it around the pipe with plenty of overlap and when I reach the end of the bandage I just keep on rubbing my hands around it like patting a dog until it becomes really stick which only takes a few minutes then just wait 15 minutes - half a hour and turn the water back on

I get mine from L&H Blackwoods also sell it, it is fairly pricey but saves a fortune in time and money in the long run\
The sugar mills useit on pressure pipes as no doubt do a whole host of other industrial sites

Paul

More
7 years 2 months ago #179789 by jeffo
Replied by jeffo on topic Nord Lock washers
Jenco??
We used to use a water based product to seal manhole bases to risers, white/grey colour, set in about 15 mins, can't remember its name for the life of me.
Brilliant stuff around these days, no more razor sharp earthenware pipes with benching for manhole bases, just concrete bases and glue-on risers to suit, job done.

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds