Skip to main content

1965 F250’s Rejuvenation

More
2 years 10 months ago #222499 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Yes any engineering shop can make the bushes. Try asking at the local bearing shop for new bushes. I found that my local shop had them sitting on the shelf at the righe OD and needed a ream for the ID to fit properly.
Not sure about the shaft repair because I cant see above or below it but could you fit a 'speedi-sleeve'? I love these things as the are easy to fit and give as good as new surface for the new seal to run on. When buying the new seal ask if they have a double lipped seal instead of a single as it may just make a better job of it.
Good town that Toowoomba, it must be, it tolerates my 2 baby Sisters up their.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #222501 by Urchy87
Replied by Urchy87 on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Cheers cobbadog,

I’ve literally been reading about these speedy sleeves between checking in this site. Going to make a few enquirers around Toowoomba tomorrow. My fingers are crossed. It’s not a bad place, generally has everything you need to get or get done available. Too big for my liking though.

Adventure before Dementia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 10 months ago #222523 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
In the tractor section of this forum I used spedi sleeves in the McDonald engine rebuild but you must be able to slide them along the shaft to put them in place. Not sure if you have to slide over the spline or if the spline is well undersized so this could be done. I have used a lot of these things and brand name doesn't matter all you need is an acurate measurement of the diameter of the shaft you are fitting it to.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 10 months ago #222532 by Urchy87
Cheers mate. I measured it yesterday. The wear from the bush is less then the shaft size at the spline but the wear at the seal is more than the spline size.

I’ll look to have it turned down to the spline size and see how it looks from there. Will the wear at the seal area cause issues with finding a seal size that will work or is there that many options I’ll find one that just fits. I assume the one that is currently installed would now be too small and not apply enough pressure to do its job.

Thanks.

More
2 years 10 months ago #222533 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
The shaft could be rebuilt with hardchrome...risk of hydrogen embrittlement.....probably better to do it with plasma spraying.....wouldnt be cheap,though.........In other words ,see what a replacemnt assy costs......being a Ford ,its certain a part will be available.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 10 months ago #222560 by Urchy87
Cheers JOHN.K,

I’ll have to see if these where in anything else to broaden my hopes and dreams. What’s the chances of D series units having one? I know where a D1210 is which may be available.

In other news, today’s efforts for the Effy was an 800klm round trip to collect some new shoes. Got what I thought was a good deal so just got up early launched into it.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

More
2 years 10 months ago #222561 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Not sure ,but isnt a 1210 a pretty big truck?.....i think the pommy Fords may have Bishop steering boxes.

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #222563 by Urchy87
It’s kinda big, but small at the same time.

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Urchy87.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 10 months ago #222564 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Doesn’t D1210 mean D series 12 ton gvm 100 hp?

More
2 years 10 months ago #222580 by Urchy87
overnite,

I have no idea. A quick google search didn’t really clear it up for me either. With the brief look it just spoke about the D series in general.

Time to create page: 0.573 seconds