Skip to main content

1965 F250’s Rejuvenation

More
2 years 2 months ago #231867 by Mrsmackpaul
To me wasting the brake fluid probably isnt a bad thing, it gives it all a good flush out and was probably long over due

Funny how when a gear box makes up its mind to go in it just slips in there but no amount of man handling and swearing gets it back in

Great stuff to be progressing forward

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Urchy87

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #231874 by Urchy87
Replied by Urchy87 on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Cheers mate. I do have similar thoughts on the brake fluid also, might just stick to what I’m doing.

Only got the cab cleaned out of all the accumulated crap, fuel tank in and dropped the steering column off for a new bush to be turned today as forgot I had other engagements which killed the time I was hoping to spend on the F250 interior install.

I do have a question for you all though. Floor pan penetrations e.g shifter, handbrake and steering column. Do you all just use rubber boots or do you do something else? I’m open to creative options. Keep in mind I will have carpet installed. I’ll use a soldering iron for bolt holes as it’s a better option then cutting the carpet.

Thanks.

Adventure before Dementia.

More
2 years 2 months ago #231877 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
In a pinch I had to buy some brake fluid recently(ive never had to pay for it before), I nearly fell over when I saw the price, $16 for 500ml, I;ll make doubly sure I never have to pay for it again.

More
2 years 2 months ago #231954 by Urchy87
600Dodge, no it’s certainly not the cheapest fluid to purchase.

Got the heat shield underlay and carpet in this afternoon for a test fit. Seems to go ok, certainly not a snug fit but for what was paid I’m not going to complain. Will let it bake in the sun for a couple days before mounting the seat into position to see if it settle out a bit more. As the place I purchased it from didn’t make them off the shelf for this style with the in cab step I’ll have to also come up with a tidy solution for that are. No doubt there is a plethora of moldings etc out there to choose from.

Will order some shrouds next week. If you have any suggestions other than the normal let me know.

Thanks, Urchy87

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #231961 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Surely there are some nice tidy after market rubber boots for the steering, hand brake and gear lever. Is your insulation that stick on stuff?It is fun to fit and keep it looking tidy. When I did under the cab floor in Lorry, I did a trial fit first, made some nicks n cuts and put some texta marks as a refference. Then peeled the backing paper off a bit at a time. It sure does stick very well.
As for the b rake fluid there is a wide range of prices as to the rating of the fluid. Some systems require very expensive fluids with a very high rating.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by cobbadog.

More
2 years 2 months ago #231964 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
is That Carpet made for a Left hand Drive Vehicle, Urchy??

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
2 years 2 months ago #231966 by Urchy87
Cobbadog, yep, looking at universal ones at the moment. Was just seeing aid anyone has done something outside the box that looked a treat. Tempted to make something up myself, may need to brush up on my sewing skills though. The underlay isn’t the sticky stuff like dynamat it’s just a foiled back soft underlay.

hayseed, yeah it is for left hand drive mate. Got it out of America from Rockauto. I’ll be running floor mats that will cover up the sewn in foot section so it won’t look out of place.

More
2 years 2 months ago #231970 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
You could have told us your passenger likes wearing stilettos!? :blink:

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Urchy87

More
2 years 2 months ago #231978 by Urchy87
PDU,

Haha. I’m ust trying to keep up with the modern trends.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Zuffen

More
2 years 2 months ago #231983 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic 1965 F250’s Rejuvenation
Why not unpick the sewing around the rubber piece and glue it down (if your sewing isn't up to sewing it) on the right hand side?

Time to create page: 0.571 seconds