Skip to main content

1959 Dodge 3-59D

More
14 years 2 months ago #22306 by Hardtopman
1959 Dodge 3-59D was created by Hardtopman
Hi guys new to this forum but i post on moparmarket a bit i have a couple of Valiants and a Barracuda. What brings me here is my Dodge truck its a 1959 3-59D model, twin head lights. Anyway my dad bought this truck in 1962 ( traded a 2 ton overheating V8 ford on it) i dragged it up from the farm 6 years ago to save it when the farm was being sold up. The plan is to get her up and running and im after some help in finding king pins, tie rod ends, drag link ends and also shackle pins and so on. I have come across later AT4/D5N parts but not the early truck parts. Any pointers in locating these bits. Truck is a 251 side valve and 4 speed box which goes but is plenty tired so i have lined up a poly V8 and 4 speed out of a AT4 to go in the old girl and speed her up a bit while keeping the original theme. Are parts from the American B series trucks the same?
Any help would be great thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #22307 by salesguy
Replied by salesguy on topic Re: 1959 Dodge 3-59D
Hey Hardtopman !

Sounds like a top project, but c'mon dude, you know the rules - where's the pix !!??

I'm sure kennymopar can help out with some parts advice..

1971 Dodge AT4 690H &&1961 Imperial Crown Coupe

More
14 years 2 months ago #22308 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: 1959 Dodge 3-59D
If you are in NSW and plan to put it on historical rego speak to your club registrar before making any specification changes

More
14 years 2 months ago #22309 by Hardtopman
Replied by Hardtopman on topic Re: 1959 Dodge 3-59D
Here is a few pics of the old girl.

Im in WA and plan on full rego but maybe club rego and thats why the poly V8 and not just a LA small block

More
14 years 2 months ago #22310 by Hardtopman
Replied by Hardtopman on topic Re: 1959 Dodge 3-59D
As you can see she has worked hard and was used up till 1982 when the brakes gave up and she was parked up in the end of the hay shed. Cab is pretty rusty but i have another cab i gotta go look at up the wheat belt which a mate has looked at and says is ok and better than mine. Also going to have a look at a AT4 6-7 tonner this weekend that's a runner and being wrecked that has the poly and 4 speed in it. Plan is just to do the cab swap and fix rust issues, clean and quick paint job on chassis, plonk in poly and 4 speed. Rebuild brakes and steering and whatever else needs doing to get her up and going again and tidy up tray rust. I don't want a show truck just tidy will do and it will get driven and worked.

More
14 years 2 months ago #22311 by Cunning Stunt
Replied by Cunning Stunt on topic Re: 1959 Dodge 3-59D
Hey HTMan

Where are you located? I'm in Sydney and I know a fella up here who has one of those.......might only be single headlights though. It is rusted out but could be a good donor for your suspension issues.

Some play hard to get

More
14 years 2 months ago #22312 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: 1959 Dodge 3-59D
putting a old poly woffle 318 or a la 318 is straight forward .. may as well go for a 5 speed ? ..pretty much the same price for a gearbox on the 2nd hand market

14 years 2 months ago #22313 by
Replied by on topic Re: 1959 Dodge 3-59D
Hardtopman, she's a gem. When I was a kid my father occasionally drove a Power Giant, it had the same grill, and the twin h/lights. It pulled a S/Axle f/top or a S/A tipper. It had a Scammell hitch. I dont think there were too many Dodges with Scammell hitch's. 3-59, is that like 3ton 159" wb? Jeff.

More
14 years 2 months ago #22314 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: 1959 Dodge 3-59D
There is one gets around at Lake Goldsmith, might be a 2 or 3 tonner.

More
14 years 2 months ago #22315 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: 1959 Dodge 3-59D
3-59, is that like 3ton 159" wb? Jeff

.sure is

Time to create page: 0.543 seconds