Skip to main content

Tanks?

More
15 years 10 months ago #1763 by duncan_m
Tanks? was created by duncan_m
Hi everyone,

I'm working on a J3 Bedford and was hoping to put a nice shiny petrol tank on the side.. Stainless or aluminium perhaps. Does anyone know of any suppliers that do side rail mounted petrol tanks?

I have a space thats 1700mm long, and I could go to a tank without about a 600mm diameter.

Cheers, Duncan.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #1764 by
Replied by on topic Re: Tanks?
You could try Brown & Davis they used to be in Bayswater Vic.
They are makers of 4wd tanks and make various shapes & sizes out of Alum and steel etc.Dave

More
15 years 10 months ago #1765 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Tanks?
How's the welding business building up, Dunc?

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 10 months ago #1766 by duncan_m
Replied by duncan_m on topic Re: Tanks?
Hi Andy!

I'm kicking the mobile welding business off on the 1st of July.. Big sign going up in the backyard later this week.. I live alongside a main road, hopefully its up for at least a few months before the council start whinging about it.. :)

I'm busting a gut in the meantime to finish this J3 so I can have my shed back for some light fabrication work. The 383 Chev engine I've transplanted into it got started for the first time this weekend, open headers still, sounded awesome! :) The last of the electrical work got completed today, the wipers are working again. That just leaves the construction of the tray and it'll be just about done.

Cheers, Dunc.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1767 by podge66
Replied by podge66 on topic Re: Tanks?
Hi Dunc do you want round or square tank. We have a couple of aluminum tanks off CFA fire trucks that are square. they are the replacement for the standard Acco steel tank and hold 140 litres. Just what all Bedfords need is good old IH parts to make them go. :)Podge

More
15 years 10 months ago #1768 by duncan_m

Hi Dunc do you want round or square tank. We have a couple of aluminum tanks off CFA fire trucks that are square. they are the replacement for the standard Acco steel tank and hold 140 litres. Just what all Bedfords need is good old IH parts to make them go. :)Podge

Square.. ACW Truck Spares (Bedford suppliers) have a company making one for me..

I'll let the anti-Bedford comments thru to the keeper this time :) I aint building any ordinary Bedford though! :)

Cheers, Dunc.

15 years 10 months ago - 15 years 10 months ago #1769 by
Replied by on topic Re: Tanks?
Podge can't you see he is building a HOT ROD and he wants a good truck on it ;D he's not a real BEDFORD owner he owns a HOTROD and thats that!!!!!!!. Dave

Don't worry about the edit, Dave, something very screwy just happened!
Last edit: 15 years 10 months ago by Andy Wright.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1770 by duncan_m

he's not a real BEDFORD owner he owns a HOTROD and thats that!!!!!!!. Dave

Hey! I object to that comment! :) I have a daily driven J2.. its STOCK, original engine, petrol, and the distributor still even runs a set of points. Sure, the colour might not be original, and its sporting some J1 hubcaps on the rear.. But apart from that its a the same as the day it was driven out of the factory!

Photo:

Cheers, Dunc.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1771 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Tanks?

Podge can't you see he is building a HOT ROD and he wants a good truck on it ;D he's not a real BEDFORD owner he owns a HOTROD and thats that!!!!!!!. Dave

Steady on Dave, I can vouch for Dunc...as can the photo above!

The J he's doing at the moment is a bit different and comes after cutting his teeth on two awesome stock J restorations!

D-Day-1, Dunc! Good luck tomorrow. Got any jobs lined up already?

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 10 months ago #1772 by duncan_m

The J he's doing at the moment is a bit different and comes after cutting his teeth on two awesome stock J restorations!

Here's the other one :)

Stock.. 214cu.. but I did do the pertronix electronic ignition upgrade on the Delco D204 dizzy.

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds