Skip to main content

Tanks?

More
15 years 10 months ago #1773 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Tanks?
S. Lumlord indeed...

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1774 by duncan_m
Replied by duncan_m on topic Re: Tanks?

S. Lumlord indeed...

and Ho! :)

More
15 years 10 months ago #1775 by Andy Wright
I thought that's what it said. Never has a Bedford been so risque! ;D

Website doesn't work. ;D

More
15 years 10 months ago #1776 by duncan_m

I thought that's what it said. Never has a Bedford been so risque! ;D

Website doesn't work. ;D

Yeah its gone.. The truck, since that photo, has been rebadged with the new "Southern Mobile Welding" livery. :) Same colour scheme gold on black.

Cheers,

Dunc.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1777 by Andy Wright
That's a talented signwriter you got there, Dunc or am I looking at stickers? Either way, nice work.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1778 by duncan_m

That's a talented signwriter you got there, Dunc or am I looking at stickers? Either way, nice work.

Err.. yeah :) Classic Vinyl Lettering!.. not many old school signwriters around these days and you'd never get that great chrome colour with paint. Costs about $100 per door for vinyl.

Dunc

More
15 years 10 months ago #1779 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Tanks?
While not a Bedford Lover I don't hate them either (except to stir up Deadly). These 2 would rate amongst the best I have seen of the J series.

A girl I went to school with's father was an odd job man and he had a ratty old J series for the 7 years I knew them. It was slow and you could take the key out with the motor running, you had to lift the doors up to shut them but it just kept on running despite what I realise now was neglect. I don't know the exact model and I wasn't interested enough to ask but it did have dual rear wheels

Tough old jiggers but often too slow for me to feel safe in on the highway. (don't let Deadly see this)

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
15 years 9 months ago #1780 by podge66
Replied by podge66 on topic Re: Tanks?
:D Hi Duncan are you sure the old girl is a original Bedford motor , l dont see any oil under her on the concrete. l must admit the old J model looks very good for her age and they did have some style. l first drove a Bedford J3-4 with a Perkins engine and no brakes at Nar Nar Goon spud farm many years ago. Later we had J series and TK 's at the Gas and Fuel where l did my apprenticeship. The top Beddie had a 253v8 and twin pipes . The fastest Bedford plumbing truck around. Podge

15 years 9 months ago #1781 by
Replied by on topic Re: Tanks?
Dunc, not a bad looking hot rod there mate pity about the sign writing it just takes the edge off it. :D.Dave

More
15 years 9 months ago #1782 by duncan_m

:D Hi Duncan are you sure the old girl is a original Bedford motor , l dont see any oil under her on the concrete.

I moved it to a virgin patch of concrete for the photo!

Cheers, Dunc.

Time to create page: 0.499 seconds