Skip to main content

466 Bedford motor

More
13 years 5 months ago #39301 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: 466 Bedford motor
mate
it doesnt matter what anyone here thinks...
if that bus is goin ok..
Leave it alone!!!!
Pay your mechanic, give him a gift as a token of your appreciation..not a slab either!
Enjoy your tour and keep it safe
regards
chocs 8-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #39302 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: 466 Bedford motor
Chocs has got some good advise.
Take it easy coming down the big hill when you leave Toowoomba if your heading to Brisbane too. My cousin saw a Bedford motor home with smoke coming off the brakes, fair up the freckle of a semi coming down the range about 18 months ago. Old mate in the truck wasn't to fazed, apparently he just kept cruising down the hill on the Jakes.

More
13 years 4 months ago #39303 by graham g
Replied by graham g on topic Re: 466 Bedford motor
Well its
Graham back
have traveled from Goondiwindi to Gladstone motor seems to be going good , Im running in new pistons on
Penrite mono grade 30 .. will change to mono 40 whene we reach Yeppoon ( 150 ks) ,, Im now told using 15/40 would be good with Flashlube additive .. do you agree?
Checked engine for oil leaks to day, front and back main seals look good , but found oil comming down from up above , turns out oil is comming up the breather pipe
from rocker cover going into air intake pipe , and leaking out where air goes into inlet manifold,, SOOO .. is this blowby on NEWrings ...... I took filler cap off and had some air coming out , but no oil blowing up on my hand
, maybe it only happens under load?
Otherwise it sounds good ,,, worried my rings are stuffed allready or do you get these things happening in old motors ?/
Graham

More
13 years 4 months ago #39304 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: 466 Bedford motor
just keep an eye on the water and oil...
check it each day before you start off..
maybe along the track somewhere if shes been workin hard..
Just drive the ol girl steady,take ya time..
don't worry too much about too many details...
you'll give yourself a stress attack!
sit back and relax and enjoy the tour..
chocs 8-)

More
13 years 4 months ago #39305 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: 466 Bedford motor
Graham, listen to Chocs, mate! If you've travelled from Goondiwindi to Gladstone, used less oil than fuel and the motor sounds OK when she's running then she'll be good for a few trips yet!

It's neither a racing car nor one of Swishies fleet, so there's no stop-watch on the trips. Slow down and smell the roses, as they say!

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

Time to create page: 0.437 seconds