Skip to main content

International D1310

More
16 years 10 months ago #383 by D1310
International D1310 was created by D1310
Have just bought an International D1310, built 10/1978 V8 (ci ???)
It runs well, only 100 000 kms, but very rusty cab.

Any info, books for sale, or general advice would be great.

Not sure what i will do with it yet, but it was almost given to me. Dont even have room to store it, let alone somewhere to work on it.

Keep up the good work, we cant let these old treasures rust away forever, some need to be saved.

Mat

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 10 months ago #384 by D1310
Replied by D1310 on topic Re: International D1310
Just collected the old girl and got her under cover. Found the line set ticket, owners service policy booklet with original delivery details, and operators manual

ORDER DATE 9/2/78 LINE SET DATE 24/10/78 DELIVERY DATE 26/1/79

ENGINE NO 345CM2AO13294X 345 CI PETROL V8
T-17 4 SPEED TRANS
RA15 SINGLE SPEED REAR AXLE 4.30 RATIO
70 LITRE FUEL TANK
129 INCH (3.28M) WHEEL BASE
HEATER & DEMISTER
4900 KG GVM 7550 KG GCM

Cab is really rusty as its been outside all its life. Although it does appear to be pretty well complete

Does anyone know where I may find a decent cab, or alternativly, anyone interested in a buying a good project ???????? Still have not found anywhere to work on it, as much as I would like to, but a least its under cover

More
16 years 9 months ago #385 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: International D1310
Looks like the start of a fairly easy project (and no I don't have space for another one). Maybe podge or someone knows where to find one. I haven't seen any cabs on eBay for a while

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #386 by
Replied by on topic Re: International D1310
Looks like it has alot of potential.

And doesn't suffer anything unusual for an Inter. ;D

My AB151 Inter has a similar problem with cancer of the cab. Which I have been compating ever since purchasing it. But you are one up on me and have it under cover!

I have found that finding parts not to bad. The difficulty is that the cab is where all inters let down. I do remember seeing an inter like this in the truck scrappy in Dandenong Victoria. But he moved recently and haven't found out where he move to and if he moved all the real treasurers or not.

Also be aware that many dodge trucks use similar panels. I believe that the dodge trucks of around that time where rebadged engineered.

Which panels are you after? As from the photos looks like only the bonnett is really bad.

On the whole if it is mainly the Cab it is certainly a good project.

Where about you located? As sometimes wheels of time in dandenong has old truck manuals. Also keep an eye out at steam rallys etc. I was able to pick up a manual for my AB at a steam rally! And the manuals I got for my old Thornycroft from E-bay and Wheels of Time in Dandenong.

More
16 years 9 months ago #387 by D1310
Strangely the bolt on panels (except the bonnet) all seem pretty good, though I have not realy had a good look yet. The top of the fire wall is rusted completely away for the full width, from gaurd to gaurd, 1 - 2 inches deep and the floor mat is all that stops your feet dragging on the ground. Im guessing the bottom of the plenem chamber (not how its spelt) has rusted along with the adjoining fire wall and its too big a job for me and too expensive to get a professional to fix, so not sure which way to go but I really would like to keep original cab if I can.

Ive been told Centre road wreckers in Clayton have one but have not been able to go have a look yet as we have a business to run and a Bub due in 6 weeks.

I live in Doncaster and its stored in Richmond so I have only seen it once for about 15 Mins and then drove it on to a tilt tray to go into storage, one of the perks of owning Tow Trucks is cheap transport.

Where in dandy was the truck scrappy. I will get one one of the boys who spends a lot of time down that way to have a peek and see whats left.

Thanks for your help guys

And if anyone seriosly would like to take over the project Im open to offers.

16 years 9 months ago #388 by
Same old international problems! ;D

Seems they continued the same problems across many models.

My Inter had repairs done in the same areas. (plus a couple of more on the side).

Sounds like it might have got rubbish in that area of the firewall (I'm also not sure of the name!). But saying that I have had to replace large section in this area also.

Depending on the extent it sounds like a full replace may be the only viable choice. Unless you are like me happy to slowly patch a bit here and there over time!

I replaced most of the floor on passenger side. Large part of the step well on the drivers side (hold the fuel tank so thought it would be better to have it made of metal instead of bog!). Entire strip along entire bottom of one door. Replaced one of the rear bottom corners of the cab (The other is starting to need it now!). Part of the firewall and part of the inside structure just behind the firewall! Also part of the tray was also replaced. That is the list so far. I think the final list will be longer. My truck was a typical farm truck most likely stored in a shed somewhere and came out a couple of times a year. But again this has been occuring over the last 2 or 3 years!

Sounds like with work and the bub coming not much time to work on the more important thing in your life. The truck!!!!!

The place in Dandenong has moved totally. It was where the dandenong bypass or what ever it is called comes out onto the south gippy. I believe it has moved out of town down past warragual on the Princess hwy or thereabouts. Again they use to have alot of spare parts for Inters / Dodge's. But I haven't located them since they moved and I don't know what they took with them. Also one of the guys on the forum has a bit to do with Inters at work so he may have something to say also.

If you still have it in November you should bring it along to the HCVC truck show at Sandown Racecourse. Even if you can't arrange for it to come over come down and have a chat with some of our members or come along to one of our meetings in Glen Waverly. Either you could find someone that may be able to assist with parts, advice or worst case take it off your hands.

But personaly it still sounds like a good truck to restore. And unfortunately I have enough trucks sorry. ;D

More
16 years 9 months ago #389 by D1310
I think I have given the wrong impression. I dont really want to sell it, but if someone really wanted it I would if it went to the right place of course, not wrecked or similar, as it really is a good truck and would be worth the effort.

If I find a place to work on it, I want to get it roadworthy asap, as I really need a ute for work, but of course on a tight budget and I absoluteley hate computers and air bags and fuel injection and plastic radiators and ETC ETC (I think you get the picture).

It was maintianed by the City of Maroondah workshops for as long as anybody there can remember and mechanicly it is probably almost roadworthy. Its just that damm rust. I was really hoping someone in the club would reply along the lines of "gee I have a cab out the back thats pretty good, gimmee a hundred bucks and heres some advice" but i can see thats not going to happen so its plan B. Not sure what that is yet.

16 years 9 months ago #390 by
Hi, i would think to find a cab for your Inter you should be looking around western Vic or NSW where it is dry air and would be a fair chance it will be rust free.
I would expect to pay about $500 - $1500.00 have look in Just Trucks in the b/white pic ad's even check out the Weekly Times for clearing sales you just find good one on a farm cheap.
Hopfully this helps i wouldn't give yet as i have been looking for lights for about 5 years now. Deadly

More
16 years 9 months ago #391 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: International D1310
Not all club members have internet access. We have over 270 members but as you see the forum is new so only a handful are involved. Why don't you word up an add and send it to the editorathcvc.co.au (replace at with @ - that was done to prevent automated spam) for inclusion in our newsletter. It also goes to similar clubs so may help you out.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

16 years 9 months ago #392 by
Look don't lose heart. As bparo mentioned if we get it into the club newsletter hopefully we can find the cab of your dreams. And as deadly mentioned there are plenty of Inters out there it is just finding the right cab.

Had a quick look on eBay there is currently up for auction a International D Series Operators manual. Get on there quick and have a look. It is item number 300126260191

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds