Skip to main content

International D1310

16 years 9 months ago #403 by
Replied by on topic Re: International D1310
Hi D1310,
I'm sorry i won't be at the club meeting as i will be driving one of my restored trucks to Dubbo NSW for a truck show.
When i did my first restoration it was pile of junk it took me 9 years to finish it and got to drive it 20000 miles later i'm thinking of sell her.
Yes there were times when i stand it any more and thought i would sell her half finished but what made finish her was joining the truck club.
By way i restored the1950 Landrover 80 inch in a driveway with no cover it only can at the end.
So if you already thinking to big of a project so don't start it it's easier to get rid of the truck complete but very hard to get rid of it when it's pull a apart.
At the moment i'm on my 4th restoration and it has come to a grinding halt lets just hope i can get back into it soon.
Number 3 restoration 1934 British Bedford Tray is what i'm taking to Dubbo and she has done 23000 miles.Deadly

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #404 by podge66
Replied by podge66 on topic Re: International D1310
:)The rear main seal is a full neapreen seal. The first thing is to remove the flywheel cover and run the engine, switch the engine off and check the flywheel. lf the rear main is leaking there will be a oil track down the flywheel. Most oil leaks that are claimed to be rear main oil leaks are the 2 small sump bolts in the middle of the rear main cap. You can remove the bolt s and seal them with GM sealer and refit. Also at the back of the engine there is 2 rubber tubes that go up beside the rear main seal.

More
16 years 9 months ago #405 by D1310
Replied by D1310 on topic Re: International D1310
Just found a 4X4 D1310 on Ebay

Item No 150141062538 if anyone interested

More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #406 by D1310
Thanks for everything Guys

Got to go make some room in the carport, It has to be out of current storage before 20th.

I will try to make it to meeting and join the club. Depends on when Bub decides to arrive.

Found a cab thats apparently saveable, just got to go look at it, and he has a good bonnet too ( appears they are like rocking horse poo )

Thanks for the advice on "rear main leak" Podge66. Sounds like you know a little about these things. Better hide when im around or I will be asking you a million questions untill i get a workshop manual, hopefully next week i will get time to chase one up.

Enjoy the trip Deadly, Im sure its a wonderfull feeling actually driving these old things. After all thats what they were built for
Last edit: 16 years 9 months ago by D1310.

More
16 years 9 months ago #407 by D1310
Well its home in the carport.

Didnt make the meeting as Bubs is really close and other half not feeling too well.

Started removing everything under dash to get to the rust. Find more with each thing I remove, mmm realy is nasty. Going to patch with fibreglass to get it on the road, then search for a good cab when time and money permits. Next I will remove the front gaurds etc so I can get access to both sides of the firewall

Went for a little drive, steering , brakes etc seem really good, and pulls like hell

Anyway, sorry to anyone who was looking for me at meeting. Just look for the proud new dad next month.

More
16 years 9 months ago #408 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: International D1310
Sorry you couldn't make it but I am Glad to see you have your family as a higher priority than a hobby. All the best to your, your other half and Bub.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #409 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: International D1310
You may find this a cheap source of parts and it is not far away.
cgi.ebay.com.au/International-Truck-Pick...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or search ebay.com.au for item no 190149240210

By the way it is not mine, nor do I know who is selling it but it may be worth a look before you bid. The tyres alone could be worth more than the starting price. :o

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 16 years 7 months ago by bparo.

More
16 years 3 months ago #410 by 551gns
Replied by 551gns on topic Re: International D1310
g/day all

i have a d1310 inter cab in very good unrestored order ?1974 4 x 4 rolling chassis no motor
i also have a 1979 d1310 with a very tricky paint job,
purpose built cherry picker 10mtr which i will sell :-/

More
16 years 3 months ago #411 by D1310
Sent you a personal message with my Mobile number.. Call me

More
16 years 3 months ago #412 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Re: International D1310
Travelling through NSW last year I came across this guy with 2 paddocks full of Inters (trucks and tractors) if you are looking for hard to find parts. His name is Ray Kelly, Showground Road Wellington NSW. Ph (02)68451638. He has a truck and tractor repair business and all his vehicles are for sale at the right price! :o

Dennis

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds