Skip to main content

International D1310

More
16 years 9 months ago #393 by D1310
Replied by D1310 on topic Re: International D1310
When is the next club meeting. I will see if i can make it, then we can catch up and discuss what you guys have done and found. I have a MIG, grinder and a hammer, and I know roughly how to use them, or should I say "how to use them roughly" :)

Im just a little scared of biting off more than i can chew for my first go. If I do go ahead and repair it, or locate a cab and change it over, I have to beg, borrow, steal or (hopefully not) rent a space to do it in so it will need to be done fairly quickly. I am sure you guys have proven many times that these thing always take longer than planned.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #394 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: International D1310
We meet on the 4th Thursday of the month at Blackflats (the old school which is now part of the undertakers) on the corner of Springvale and Waverley Roads Glen Waverley. The meeting starts at 8pm although people start arriving from 7:30. You are welcome to come and make yourself known (our meeting starts with an introduction of guests and members here for the 1st time.

We share the venue with an air league group so please try not to walk through the middle of their parade.

According to my calculations this should make the next meeting on Thursday 26th July.

I hope this helps.

Bear in mind most people will try to help but there is nothing to say members at the meeting will have the bits you require on hand. I have found that once it is known you are looking for parts other members will come up and say "Are you still looking for XXX as I saw one at YYYY if you are interested" months even years after the request.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
16 years 9 months ago - 16 years 9 months ago #395 by D1310
Should be able to make the meeting.
I have been involved in auto clubs before and realise it takes time for word to pass around. I was just hoping for a quick fix.

Heres some better pics of the rust etc I took this afternoon when I got time, I willbring these pics to the meeting and get the opinion of a few of you guys as to if it is repairable by someone with a few basic tools and common sense. I know your probably not proffesional panel beaters but some of you have done this stuff before.

Last edit: 16 years 9 months ago by D1310.

16 years 9 months ago #396 by
Replied by on topic Re: International D1310
Hi D1310,

If you take this cab to the sandblaster you might not have much of your cab left!.
But you will have base to work to and hopefully soild metal BUT i think getting panels folded could be costly.
So your best option is to look for a good cab or sell it for scrap at about $120-00 p/ton and then find a new project which you can have fun restoring and then driving it.
A good project will cost about $500-00 to 800-00 dollars for a soild truck but beware there are lot of heaps out there. Anyhow good luck Deadly.

More
16 years 9 months ago #397 by podge66
Replied by podge66 on topic Re: International D1310
Looks like this poor old girls be parked up with Bedfords near bye. this is a serious cause of Bedford rust a bit of TLC or a big oxy will fix the job. What about the 9in grinder Deadly it does wonders for repairs .

16 years 9 months ago #398 by
Missed the last HCVC meeting. Will try to be at the next one to meet you.

From the photos it still look recoverable. Has the same old Inter problem areas!

As you mentioned the biggest worry would be the firewall problem. And believe me that if I can fix my Inter with a couple of bits of metal, a small angle grinder and a Mig which I barely know how to use. And all of the stuff I have done to my Inter has been done outside! Initially most of the work to get it up to RWC was done at Melbourne Steam grounds during winter! Very cold outside at night!

My first truck project is still waiting to be done after about 7 years! And believe me your truck is in better condition than my first truck. I will check to see if I have any early photos of my Inter and its problem areas.

16 years 9 months ago #399 by
Hang on there Podge66 BEDFORD's don't rust as bad as these INTERS seem to?????.

But i argree with about the 9inch grinder and the oxy she's just about gone passed the point of no return.

More
16 years 9 months ago #400 by D1310
On a slightly different topic fellas.

The rear main seems to be leaking. Does anyone know if we have to disturb the crank to replace, or can it be done by removing the flywheel and tapping another seal in. Its a 345 V8.

;DDont you guys watch cable TV. They take a rusty grill badge and build a great custom ride in 5 days from just that badge. It must be true I saw it on telly. And you think I should sell it for scrap just because its got a couple of holes you could fall out of. ;D

But seriosly it is bad, but I think anyone who wants to have a go could fix it back to roadworthy (not sure if it could win the concourse) and not sure if I want to take on something this big.

16 years 9 months ago #401 by
Not sure about the details on that engine with the main seal.

However I'm sure that International designed it to leak! ;D As mine has always leaked. I look at it this way is if there is a couple of drops of oil under the truck it must have oil! ::)

Going by my manual for the ab series which includes some stuff on the 345 V8. (Not sure if exactly same as the D series 345 but knowing international it would be!)

The rear seal can be replaced with the engine still in place. By removing the transmission, clutch and flywheel. Then it goes into a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense to me without seeing what is underneath. But it appears to be a single piece seal. So to make a long story longer I would say from what I can tell you should be able to change the seal without disturbing the crank! :)

Unfortunately I cant get Cable tv at home :'(

And I like air holes! Stops the vehicle from getting to stuffy inside! 8-)

More
16 years 9 months ago #402 by ray
Replied by ray on topic Re: International D1310
The truck wreckers you are talking about is C+r Truck Wreckers and they are now located in Trafalgar, left hand side of highway heading towards Moe. Hope this helps

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds