Skip to main content

Wanted - Nissan Caball hydraulic reservoir

More
14 years 6 days ago #27149 by Datsunrally
Hi folks,

I'm chasing a hydralic clutch reservoir for a C240 / C340 Nissan Caball. This is a little plastic bottle that is roughly oblong in shape and has a round filler neck with a screw-on lid.

Nissan show them as NLA and so far I haven't found a truck wreckers that has a Caball left.

It's not actually required for a truck, but for a Datsun rally car restoration.

Many thanks,

Jeff [Melbourne]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #27150 by Datsunrally
It seems finding a Caball nowadays is far from easy, I guess most have been turned into scrap long ago. Still, I haven't given up yet.

Can anyone suggest truck wreckers around or near Melbourne that may still have old Jap trucks?

Thanks,

Jeff

More
13 years 7 months ago #27151 by Mikecanine
gday, I have a complete running 1967 caball motorhome, would you like to buy the whole rig to get the reservoir?
Seriously she is for sale and I will be creating an ad in these forums shortly.
regards Mikecanine

More
13 years 7 months ago #27152 by Datsunrally
Hi Mike,

Unfortunately I don't think it would be cost effective to buy the whole truck for the reservoir, but I wish you well with the sale.

Before it goes, is there a chance you could post a picture here of the clutch reservoir so I at least know the early model Caballs have the one I'm chasing?

Thanks,

Jeff

13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #27153 by
Jeff - Try posting up a request on the following "parts locator" webpage. This site is linked to most wreckers in Australia, and you may just get lucky.

www.whatswrecking.com.au/opl/partsreqlist.aspx?p=328

Additionally .. you can still get new brake parts for the Caball, from Taiwan. This following website lists all the available numbers. The Master Cylinder P/N is 46010-J5101.

cylinder.makers.com.tw/cylinder-PDF/nissan-c.pdf

Cheers - Ron.

More
13 years 7 months ago #27154 by Datsunrally
Thanks Ron, I'll give it a try.

Cheers,

Jeff

13 years 7 months ago #27155 by
I see this wrecker has a 240 Caball. I'm not sure how old the listing is, but it may be worth a try?

www.nqtruckwreckers.com/truck-wrecking-enquiry/66/pg:18

More
13 years 7 months ago #27156 by Datsunrally
Yeah, I got a bit excited when I saw that ad a few months ago. When I rang them they said the website was out of date and the truck had already been crushed.

:'(

Jeff

13 years 7 months ago #27157 by
Jeff - Incidentally, there's no indication that the Caball brake M/C is the same as any of the Datsun/Nissan cars. The following webpage lists a different brake M/C number between the C240 and C340 trucks.

www.aj-max.com/productlist/BRAKE%20&%20C...TER%20CYLINDER_p.pdf

Cheers - Ron.

More
13 years 7 months ago #27158 by Datsunrally
Hi Ron,

It's actually the clutch fluid reservoir I'm chasing, but you're right, it's quite unlike any in a Datsun / Nissan passenger car. I've looked at many!

A while back I did find a C340 in a wrecker here in Melbourne but the reservoir was a combined type, shared between brake and clutch.

Based on the part numbers I have from Nissan the models that have this clutch-only type of reservoir (but not necessarily the only ones) are YC240 and GC340.

Not having a workshop manual for these models means I can't actually work out what they are. On top of that, it's possible those models never even came to Australia.

Needles and haystacks come to mind.

Cheers,

Jeff

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds