Skip to main content

Save me from the Scrapman!

More
13 years 8 months ago #2345 by rmodelsteve
Yes i have asked for a price on old vehicles that i have found and the owner would give me a price out of this world then i would find out that later it went for scrapmetal price...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2346 by ducky698
Hi, there gone now, the 77 r watertruck was unhappy, the chassis was split from behind cab to end of chassis, i got what i needed off it and took rest down for scrap, poor thing, some of you would know the truck as the water truck from Quit motorplex. it must have done more laps than most sprint cars in the ten years of service. The F model was offered up for sale many times, some interest but all over there. to expensive to ship it.

Grant

More
13 years 8 months ago #2347 by mammoth
Armidale NSW. yard is being cleared and Leyland bonnetted Comet cab-chassis is available at scrap value. Not motor, transmission or radiator but panels are straight. he also has a Toyota F600 petrol runner for around $500. Will be going there Sunday and rember to take camera this time

More
13 years 7 months ago #2348 by chops
I Think that is a great idea Andy,so many old trucks are in need of rescue, My son has an International Harvester
1969 / C 1800 great old tray truck which is in good order,waiting for RWC (unfortunately due to illness) its been idle and he might have to sell it with regret.
How much is a truck like this worth please ? Thanks Shilo

13 years 7 months ago #2349 by
Replied by on topic Re: Save me from the Scrapman!
Shilo,

Pics if possible always useful in valuation. But General location (suburb or town) also important to get people interested.

13 years 7 months ago #2350 by
Replied by on topic Re: Save me from the Scrapman!
chops - A local farmer advertised a Perkins-powered tray-top, 1970 model C1800 here in the West last year for $1100.
I called him and asked about pics, and he said he'd email some, but I never heard from him again.
I think he scrawled my details on a scrap of paper in his tractor cab and then lost them.
What was worse, I lost his phone number and then then couldn't find his ad again.
It was a pretty average farm truck with an 18' tray, unregistered, and he said it went O.K., with a little motor smokiness.
It sounded like I could have picked it up for $900, but it all fell through, because of our communication difficulties.
Maybe it will appear in the clearing sales this Summer, it's going to be a tough year here for the farmers, most will be struggling to harvest a satisfactory crop due to lack of rain.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #2351 by chops
Thanks guys, for the information, will try take photos and post, for viewing. When is you next meeting ? do you have truck/car display days maybe a good chance to display your restored oldies. Kilmore Racing has a day for classic cars on a special race day,maybe a central town or country show day. or even a picnic annual club day out.
Cheers Shilo
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by chops.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #2352 by bparo
There are several old truck / commercial vehicle shows throughout the year. Some around Victoria include

our display day - 28th November 2010 at Sandown Racecourse,

The Saturday of Cobram Ag show has a small (around 20 truck) display.

The ATHS had an American Truck show in Echuca earlier this month

The Ballarat Branch are having one in Clunes on Labour day weekend next March

There was one at Lancefield earlier this year

Truck and Ute show in Whittlesea every February

and more

on top of that we have club runs

plus a lot of steam or old machinery rallies have old trucks on display (often used to cart the old machinery around)

Keep an eye on the events section here and you will be surprised what crops up

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by bparo.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2353 by chops
Thanks bparo, Shilo

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #2354 by Gitfinger
Help! 1920s (I think) Rugby commercial of some kind, disassembled, four-banger with steel cast wheels and most bits of tinware, not sure if there's a radiator but there is a bonnet, scuttle and mudguards (rusted but possibly saveable). It's in outdoor storage right now but is under threat and needs urgent saving, as in the next week or two by the sound of things.

I can't post pics yet, am not at home. Will do tonight. Does this sound like the sort of thing anyone might be interested in? It's located in Kwinana WA, I would be happy to lend a hand with loading and unloading. Please email me at nipngnwm@q-net.net.au if interested! (I can email you pics if you like, just can't post them yet.)

Cheers,
Martyn

One day I aspire to having a sig line...
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Gitfinger.

Time to create page: 0.505 seconds