Skip to main content

Wanted : Road Ranger 45

More
13 years 4 months ago #39971 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: Wanted : Road Ranger 45
i only have a flat one too Stu..
you are welcome to it, if you want it to cut...
chocs 8-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #39972 by
Replied by on topic Re: Wanted : Road Ranger 45
Thanks Stu. Don't worry to much just was interested as like mentioned I had 2 brackets on each side in the chassis rails. Yet both held nothing and what was on them had been cut off! Yet nothing seems to be missing. Certainly have air tanks etc! But certainly the back one doesn't look like it is in the original spot.

Might post another topic and put some pics up later on.

By the way my gear change is at an angle. But unfortunately I'm still using it! ;D

More
13 years 4 months ago #39973 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Wanted : Road Ranger 45
Jarrod, in the 70's it was a requirement to have a back up air supply for the maxi brakes, and some trucks had an extra tank for that. I must admit, I have never seen an ACCO fitted with the extra release valve, so it may also have been for a bit of extra volume for a trailer. The only catch with extra volume is that it takes longer to build up the air pressure. 3070's had a tank mounted in that spot that was small, and a big tank mounted on the fuel tank cross over brackets. I wouldn't get to worried about the missing tank.

More
13 years 4 months ago #39974 by
Thanks for the offer Chocs, but BigCam has just managed to locate one for me.

[ch729][ch647]sod [ch654][ch623] s[ch305] [ch477]u[ch305][ch1503] s[ch305][ch613][ch647] [ch653]o[ch

13 years 4 months ago #39975 by
Not worried Bigcam just curios! :D Won't be worried until it stops working. 8-) Or is that doesn't stop! ;)

My Acco has two tanks. One (small one) under the battery. And a big one behind the diff under the chassis. Would like to eventually move the one at the back as it seems to be awfully exposed to damage! But don't think mounted on the cross pipe would be much better!

Hence a pair of brackets not doing anything! Not worried about them. Already removed one set. The other will be removed soon. Since they aren't currently needed or required!

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 4 months ago #39976 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Wanted : Road Ranger 45

Me got one
But me Atkinson iz hookd onto it

FWIW
ifn U have the flat remote cog selector why not jist fit a Uni or offset uni @ the bizzness end of the G Stik bar
Ifn U get my drift

or iz it a no go

LOL

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
13 years 4 months ago #39977 by
G'day Swishy,
No-go on the additional uni-joint, I'm trying to keep the tare weight to a minimum :D

I even put a few more PSI in the tyres to make it lighter

-Stu

[ch729][ch647]sod [ch654][ch623] s[ch305] [ch477]u[ch305][ch1503] s[ch305][ch613][ch647] [ch653]o[ch

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds