dont wreck many inters mostly
holdens
bedfords
and detroits
LORFL

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #41619 by
Replied by on topic Re: starter motor wanted
Chocs - If the armature or field windings are cactus, you don't generally get any starter cranking action at all! .. :D
When these items let all the smoke out .. that's the Indian signal message .. that tells ya to go dump the starter in the bin! .. ;D ;D

Cheers - Ron.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 4 months ago #41620 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: starter motor wanted

Poppi
Take no notice of th@ Joker th@ tries to push Transtars around the country with a Crummins donk
he's just a sore looser from end n up with th@ beast
Or sumone put toast crumbs in his bed
LOL

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
13 years 4 months ago #41621 by poppi
Replied by poppi on topic Re: starter motor wanted
rite let me explain its got new bushes, brushes all conection are clean ... when i pull it apart i have to clean the armiture and the inside of the starter then it works fine. but if i leave it for two or three days it want work. you turn the key and there is zip narder as if there is no starter there at all

More
13 years 4 months ago #41622 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: starter motor wanted
it sounds like you've done all the right things pop...
There is either something loose in there that you are disturbing / moving in the cleaning process or
sounds like the solenoid ol mate..
can you pull the end off and give the copper contacts a clean?
if not, a new / another solenoid??
chocs 8-)

More
13 years 4 months ago #41623 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: starter motor wanted
Sorry pop...
i am gunna have to pull that last post...
take it to the auto electrician and get em to bench test it for you..
save a lot of head aches
chocs

More
13 years 4 months ago #41624 by cobba
Replied by cobba on topic Re: starter motor wanted
Poppi.
I got one but it comes as a packege deal with a bitsa CM1300. The same one you were interested in 6 months ago. Still here for sale if you want it.

Cheers. Cobba.

More
13 years 4 months ago #41625 by Bitsa
Replied by Bitsa on topic Re: starter motor wanted
G'day all
Poppi, $250 Sounds like a real good price for a reco starter. Even though there is still a few around , the parts are not as easy to get now. I just had to put one in my Hilux Diesel 2 weeks ago and they are as common as dog S*#%. That was $285.
I think Onetrack is on the right track with his thoughts. I have found that the cables themselves get that old and crappy, (believe it or not) they get dirt / grease /oil actually inside the insulation , and this can itself send some of the current needed to earth, instead of the spot its needed most. Thats my 2 bob's worth anyway
Have a good one
Alistair

1990NKR Isuzu&&1974 D1310 4x4&&195? Chamberlain Dere Backhoe&&743B Bobcat&am

More
13 years 4 months ago #41626 by Thunders-Truk
Poppi, next time it won't start, put a heavy jumper cable between the battery pos. terminal and the large terminal on the starter, short between the large and small starter terminals with an old screwdriver, if it starts it's not the starter motor, something's wrong with wiring/connections/solenoid/relay/ign. switch. Check all these before spending big bucks on a new/recond starter motor.
Had the same problem recently and the local sparky told me to do the same, found a bad connection on the starter relay, could have sworn it was the starter motor! :-?

Tony SA

TONY C. (SA)&&&&LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO DRIVE BORING VEHICLES !!

More
13 years 4 months ago #41627 by Aussiehooker
check brush spring pressure and clean the armatur all the little groves on the comutator are called segments iff you clean length ways with an old hacksaw blade only a mill or so this stops arking between segments if brushes are worn this will cause loss of spring pressure also the brushes need to slide freely in their holders to reco a ford or holden starter ... brushes bushes and solonoid repair kits at ashdowns costs me around 18 dollars so a truck should be well under 50 or if your up at the border drop it in and i will fix it for cost all the best don

Time to create page: 0.552 seconds