Skip to main content

Aussie Peterbilts and owners

More
9 years 1 month ago #155268 by overlander
WELL, THAT CLEARS THAT UP. I RECKON I'VE AN INSTAMATIC ON THE MOVE OF THAT KENWORTH ASWELL. THANKS FOR CLEARING THAT UP.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #155269 by Hi Beam
I've probably missed it in amongst all that-but-there was a C/O with a bogie drive Logging off Highway Mack rear end under it running to North Queensland for NQX in the mid seventies. Operated by a husband and wife team, but often he stayed home to look after the child(ren). It was just a working truck, not a show pony. Dark green all over. Sort of puts you in mind of Neville Johnson at Revesby. All green no flash.

Cya.

• Topic Author
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #155270 by
Replied by on topic Re: Aussie Peterbilts and owners
...Hi Billy Hi Beam .. check reply 29 for the bit about Neville Johnson...cheers mate

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #155271 by Mrsmackpaul
came across this photo the other day in August 1968 Truck and Bus I havent seen it before done a quick google couldnt find it so thought I better share

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #155272 by 352rhd
18351 Phil? Pretty sure

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 1 week ago #155273 by Sarge
Detective, I have done some trawling for you, perhaps these will be faces for some of your names...
they come from Mr Google, or here on the forum and I thank whoever for taking the pics..

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

I think Swishy already posted this one...
[IMG

[IMG

I hope this helps in the edjimacational processes..

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by Sarge.

• Topic Author
9 years 2 weeks ago #155274 by
Regarding Sarges post,the first and fourth photos look like the same truck to me.
Maybe it's just the paint scheme.. :)

• Topic Author
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #155275 by
Hi fellas .. here's the gen on this bunch...

...Mrsmackpaul and 352RHD .. that poor cabover came to an unfortunate end when with Ron Thompson Tpt in the late 1960's/early 1970's with not a great lot known about its demise...ol' mate Jeff in Grafton knows a little bit about the story (ch/no 19424)... a 352 ST.

...thanks for the search Sarge 8-) 8-)... and 903CAM.. the second, third and fourth pics are of the same truck (ch/no 16069)... but their order is back to front with Brian Condon of SA owning her from new when subbying to Shell Oil Company on bulk distribution, then to Clare Scarfe of Gepps Cross, who were beekeepers in SA, then on to Bartons Livestock in Warrnambool Vic (pictured) on various sub contracter work including big firms such as Cold Storage and Johnsons, then to Bruce Marks livestock who subsequently sold out to Ron Finemore..then John Rae for a while...then to Lynch's of Newcastle where it's seen in the red, gold, silver and blue colours, and on to a few more other owners up till now....and thankfully still chugging along nicely 8-) 8-) 8-)

...the first pic in Sarge's bunch is the other Peterbilt Brian Condon purchased (ch/no 15986)...a 352M that went through to Freezer Van Tpt of SA and after a crash by the next owner, was eventually left derelict in Coober Pedy with Albert McCormack....(her remains may still be laying around in that God forsaken hole!)

the next two pics have already been discussed..... the second last pic of the lot is of the original Mainline Tpt old number 1 (ch/no 15834) when owned by K & L Press of Kempsey after being operated by Ron Thompson Tpt, then down to Victoria with Frank O'Donnell who subbied to Brambles on tanker haulage, traded to Kenworth's at Bell St Preston who sent her back to Kenworth Lansvale NSW for resale on to K & L Press...after that stint, a few more operators and owners and now back in Melbourne again and residing in the so-called "Peterbilt Palace" ::).....

...the vary last pic is of chassis number 16919...Blair and Reiber's original single drive when operated by the next owner (??) and was hauling for Express Freight some time in the late 1960's (Warren Noakes photo credit)...this truck has vanished, but is believed to have been last operated by Peter Barber of Wauchope NSW in the late 1970's early 1980's on tipper work as a bogie drive, and painted black ???....any clues anyone ??

....cheers

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #155276 by 352rhd
Photos 2,3,4 the same truck.picture#3 photo credit to me.16069 still with us and owned by a club member.originallt condon tpt s,a

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #155277 by Sarge
Thanks detecta & 352 for the info and the photos... :D

it staggers me what stories and information you blokes have, I appreciate the information and the effort ;).
well done

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Time to create page: 0.634 seconds