Skip to main content

A compromise has been reached

More
8 years 10 months ago #159924 by geoffb

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #159925 by ray
Bruce, Volvo have been assembled here for years. I worked there as a mechanic for a while back in the 70,s when they were building F86, G88, G89 and N series. There were still marks on the walls from the 74' floods.

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
8 years 10 months ago #159926 by Swishy
SLooon Car Browny

U not gunna beleive thiz

But Mack build 'V' Buses

in its spare time wen they built there quota of the Mack they give the local kindergarten kids something to do
by nokn up a few 'V' ..... B 4 they export on a one way trip to China 2 B melted down

LOL

Told U ....... U woodn't beleive it

LOL ;D
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
8 years 10 months ago #159927 by geoffb
So if you own a Mack it is a VVVVVOLO cousin ???

More
8 years 10 months ago #159928 by werkhorse
Was it 1972 that the Wacol factory was opened by Volvo ?

Incidentally .... TNT purchased the first 6 trucks to come off the line .... 6 F86's for TNT Gold Coast

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
8 years 10 months ago #159929 by ray
That's correct werkhorse, not sure of the exact date though.

More
8 years 10 months ago #159930 by rex
Swishy mate.
Settle down, we will resume our lessons on the reeducation programme, that started a few weeks back in an attempt to help you understand, the errors of your ways. While I have taken an opportunity to think, yes I read your post, just another example of the desperate need, need indeed to further your reeducation. I have come to understand the resentment you have with the introduction of the V truck into your fleet, dust control, that's it, no Detroit's no dust control in the depot.
I will spend some time during the weekend to help finding a solution to control dust, when the engines keep the oil inside.
Rex

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #159931 by bparo
I knew Mack were built in Queensland but never knew Volvo was. I guess you learn something every day

so Swishy has a disguised Volvo hiding in his yard then :)

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by bparo.

More
8 years 10 months ago #159932 by rex
Hello Bruce
The parts are all imported for the Australian built Volvo's, any colour other than white is done in Wacol. You could therefore call it a fully imported kit, at least there is a level of Australian content.
I am somewhat concerned, Swishy appears to be applying his wisdom elsewhere on the Forum, seems he has all but given up, or do we have, one or maybe two battleship grey bonneted Bulldogs on the way, with "V" power.
We can only wonder what is going through Swishy's mind right now.
Rex

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #159933 by hayseed
Rex, Are they all assembled here??
I have feeling that the smaller ones (FE I think they are) are Imported Fully built.. But I have been wrong before.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by hayseed.

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds