Skip to main content

cyclists

More
6 years 3 months ago #190612 by Roderick Smith
cyclists was created by Roderick Smith
'This is why you get f---ing killed!': truckie's cyclist tirade
Truck driver Charlie Butt filmed himself swearing as he passed a group of cyclists near Albury.
< www.theage.com.au/video/video-news/video...-20180124-51x7o.html >

Roderick.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #190615 by JMR
Replied by JMR on topic cyclists
I reckon there is a fair chance those clowns didn't even hear him talking to himself....I see as usual the media has beat this up into a "dangerous truck driver" segment already...

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
6 years 3 months ago #190616 by BillyP
Replied by BillyP on topic cyclists
I am a cyclist that rides on average about 30Ks about 4 times a week...............purely for health reasons......
I ride on cycle tracks and maybe a few back streets to get to the cycle track...........
I just would not ever ride on any high traffic roads..................
I find the bloke that just rides to work is generally OK..........however...........
as for the cyclists done up in their lycra gear in a mob ...........(i suppose there are exceptions)...... i find they
really are a bunch of arrogant pricks...........that endanger themselves and every one else on the road......
I don't really know what the answer is ..............................
............................Billy..........................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: craig308

More
6 years 3 months ago #190617 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic cyclists
Since moving to SA and also in the midst of the TDU hype, I have found these militant Lycra wearers are the most dangerous group to inhabit the nations roads. Since the 1m rule has been enforced these parasites know they can ride 3 or 4 abreast and they will face no penalty regardless of whether they force other road users into the path of oncoming traffic and consequently cause head on accidents. A very good friend of mine was a militant cyclist and because of his attitude to motorised vehicles he was killed(RIP Bill) when trying to exert what he thought was his god given right to the road, I personally believe that cyclists should be removed from the road for the safety of sensible road users and secondarily for their own safety.

More
6 years 3 months ago #190620 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic cyclists
Single file, except when overtaking might help . . .

How often do you see members of the lycra brigade bunched up (albeit often at a reasonably fast rate for the average cyclist) as they calmly chat together totally oblivious OR unaware of other road users? :angry:

This being said, once while riding to work on my treadly (NB no lycra and very average) well into a bike lane I was struck by a loose rope swinging from the back of a truck! :dry:
Attachments:

More
6 years 3 months ago #190625 by jeffo
Replied by jeffo on topic cyclists
Saw on the news recently that the "Powers That Be" have realised electric vehicles won't be contributing to road maintenance via the $0.38 cents per litre tacked onto fuel cost. A committee has been suggested to formulate a revenue raising system for said vehicles.
Meanwhile I travel on city streets where countless millions of $$$ are spent on cyclist road marking, cyclist pathways, racks and so on.
Never any mention of costs recovery, a powerful group with friends in all the right places.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Southbound

More
6 years 3 months ago #190628 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic cyclists
Some of these "training rides' seem to be unofficial races with little regard paid to road rules or other traffic. Organisers need to be held accountable for what they arrange.

More
6 years 3 months ago #190629 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic cyclists
I reckon every Bicycle used on a "public Road" (not a cycle Track) needs to be Registered..
If for no other reason than to get them all captured into the Greenslip/TAC insurance scheme.. Every other Road user has to pay for the Priveledge to use the Road except them..

If they were all registered it would be far easier to make them accountable for their actions..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
6 years 3 months ago #190630 by jeffo
Replied by jeffo on topic cyclists
Seed I'm not in favour of even more red tape.
Where it would end, swapping plates between bikes, VIN checks etc. It's bad enough they can be fined for not wearing a helmet yet police could care less about cyclist's poor attitudes to the fee paying motorists.
If they ride on the road they have to take responsibility for their actions. Chuck the x metre rules, make them provide suitable clearance, not the other way around.
At present the lobby groups have it favouring the cyclists with the registered driver having to drive his vehicle as well as allowing for the foibles of someone wearing a blinkering helmet and attitude.
Imagine if that attitude was transferred across to road transport drivers, there'd be death and destruction everywhere.
The only way I see is to ban them from public roads. Fixed.

More
6 years 3 months ago #190631 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic cyclists

jeffo wrote: Seed I'm not in favour of even more red tape.

Jeffo, I agree with you Too,
But either registering the Bike or licencing the Rider is the only way I can see of getting the "Lycra Brigade" to accept some accountability for their actions..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Time to create page: 0.739 seconds