Skip to main content

cyclists

More
6 years 3 months ago #190689 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic cyclists
I hardly ever see a cyclist in Brisbane......probably cause young Brissie drivers are so ice aggressive and involved with phones etc,that even the most fanatical cyclist has been driven off the road in fear of his life.......Ever seen a car accelerate up to 80/90 ks on the footpath in an attempt to beat a truck backing out of a yard....come to brissie and you will,or a car doing wild donuts in a factory yard slide out backwards into a stream of traffic ,or the same car doing donuts at a busy intersection blocking the lights until a tyre blows.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #190693 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic cyclists
I thought Brisbane was a shithole when I last had the misfortune to visit there about 25 years ago but if the far left wing, main stream media is to be believed there is so much drug induced crime and violence there these days that no sane white man would even consider a visit, a bit like the whole easy coast by the look of it.

More
6 years 3 months ago #190695 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic cyclists
Cycling numbers are much the same in Melbourne but injuries on the rise, according to this article.
www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-11/major-inj...-in-victoria/8886098
In my opinion, the new cycle lanes are increasing the number of crashes and the behaviour of some cyclists is also a big part of it.

More
6 years 3 months ago #190707 by roKWiz
Replied by roKWiz on topic cyclists

atkipete wrote: In my opinion, the new cycle lanes are increasing the number of crashes and the behaviour of some cyclists is also a big part of it.

Most cyclist call them car door lanes.

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did

More
6 years 3 months ago #190748 by Brocky45
Replied by Brocky45 on topic cyclists
Do you folks Down Under have MOPED's??? They are under powered motor scooters with a top speed of 35 MPH, with NO rego or operaters permit required!!
In the cities they duck and weave thru traffic often up on the sidewalks. In the rural areas they like to put along at 35 MPG in the center of a 55 MPH lane.. And like the "Lycra Brigade" think they own the road.. Then cry bloody loud when one gets run over and killed.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
6 years 3 months ago #190751 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic cyclists
Got nutn against bike lanes

providing they add it to the road
and not take it from the road

cya

§

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: roKWiz

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
6 years 3 months ago #190757 by BillyP
Replied by BillyP on topic cyclists

Brocky45 wrote: Do you folks Down Under have MOPED's??? They are under powered motor scooters with a top speed of 35 MPH, with NO rego or operaters permit required!!
In the cities they duck and weave thru traffic often up on the sidewalks. In the rural areas they like to put along at 35 MPG in the center of a 55 MPH lane.. And like the "Lycra Brigade" think they own the road.. Then cry bloody loud when one gets run over and killed.

Brocky.......... this is a major problem in our area, with several kids coming to grief.......

..............................Billy.............................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.
Attachments:

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #190759 by Brocky45
Replied by Brocky45 on topic cyclists
Billy, That one in your picture is what we class as an off road dirt bike. Can only be on the street if fully motorcycle legal.The Mopeds we have are like the old Italian Vespa scooter.. Not enough power to move a second person, let alone pull a wheelie..
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Brocky45.

More
6 years 3 months ago #190760 by .RC.
Replied by .RC. on topic cyclists

Brocky45 wrote: Do you folks Down Under have MOPED's??? They are under powered motor scooters with a top speed of 35 MPH, with NO rego or operaters permit required!!

Most states have a power limit of 200W (about 1/4hp) for bicycles with a motor attached before it needs to be registered and the driver licensed.

More
6 years 3 months ago #190780 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic cyclists
Yes Brocky, they are a bloody nuisance! They do have to be registered here, but so long as they are below 50cc and limited to 60Km/h (they really top out at about 50K / 30mph), you only need a car license. In Brisbane, they are the transport of choice for foreign students and often two - up. Also pizza and other food deliveries.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Time to create page: 0.524 seconds