Skip to main content

cyclists

More
6 years 3 months ago #190632 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic cyclists
As much as I would love to see them banned from the road it would be highly unlikely to ever happen due to how much support the militant lycra wearers have within the government. If the protections that have been granted to cyclists on the road were removed and common sense took over (ie. giving way to or avoiding what can easily kill you) the problem would eventually sort itself out as the moronic militant cyclists were maimed or killed and the sensible ones stayed off the road from fear of the same.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #190633 by JMR
Replied by JMR on topic cyclists
Down on the coast they have a cycle race up the capt cook highway, block the entire 50km of range off for the whole day and anyone that needs to travel to Cairns from north of palm cove...tough.... anyone that lives along the highway and cant get out of there driveway because the road is closed to all traffic from 530 in the morning till 6-7 at night....tough. Friends in high places I reckon...

More
6 years 3 months ago #190635 by fxs80
Replied by fxs80 on topic cyclists
currently if a motorist does something wrong you have the ability to video offence which would include arego plate & report it to authorities, unless its a cyclist, if one or group creates a dangerous situation how can they be identified, same if they blatantly break road rules in front of a dash cam. Should be same rules for all, just sayin

1939 D2

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
6 years 3 months ago #190637 by BillyP
Replied by BillyP on topic cyclists
.Just imagine if you and a dozen of your mates went for a leisurely walk up the highway...........
How long would you last......?????????
Traffic wise , it amounts roughly to the same thing...........
.......................Billy..........................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #190638 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic cyclists
Possibly a log book system - minimum fee, for maybe 300 days per year, which would cover kids school/sport/other needs.
The log book would need to be carried at all times and filled in for each day used. Should a cyclist be involved in an accident, incident, or dispute with a law enforcement officer that log book must be presented correctly annotated - if not, impound bike and fine them!
If a "single file" approach, and possibly groups no larger than four or five bikes together, was also enforced police could have a field day with the lycra brigade too. :oops: Result - improved road safety, easier to pass cyclists from reasonable road sharing.
If nothing else this should remove all the kids who ride without a helmet (or with them not strapped on properly) from the roads, add to the coffers, and improve the safety for the darling little scrotes!! Guess the do-gooders couldn't complain about that?
Hmmm, perhaps I might drag the bike out and fix the flat tyre? ;)
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by PDU.

More
6 years 3 months ago #190643 by Fill
Replied by Fill on topic cyclists
I am not allowed to pass a cyclist unless I can give him a meter clearance. So why do they have the right to pass me by less in slow moving traffic or even if I am stopped.After I have spent ten or more minutes passing them safely. Just thinking

More
6 years 3 months ago #190644 by roKWiz
Replied by roKWiz on topic cyclists
I own and drive a fleet of 4 trucks, own and ride a fleet of bicycles. I don't have a problem with most cyclist. I reckon my truck rego's more than covers my right to ride on the road.
I have never had a problem with professional long distance trucks, B and triples included , when I'm climbing I stay to the left and wave trucks past when its safe
However I do agree, Roadie are the biggest D***wands and have no regard for other road users or their own safety

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did

More
6 years 3 months ago #190652 by jamo
Replied by jamo on topic cyclists
This maybe the answer tp the problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: busman, Mairjimmy, grandad

More
6 years 3 months ago #190655 by busman
Replied by busman on topic cyclists
Love the vid !
My attitude is that I obey the law once and give them the 1 metre.
My problem is that after that I have to pass them again and again as they ILLEGALLY pass me at lights etc. I may not be so careful then.
Lets face it our road system was never designed for 2 types of vehicle, the patches thrown around here and there are plain stupid, and while there is no redress through our current no identification scheme there will be zero responsibility.
I cannot see why cyclists do not contribute to the cost of our roads, and to the costs of cleaning them up after they come to grief, or why a system where there was some form of identification or registration would be so bad ?

84 Austral Tourmaster with 6V92 and now 7 speed Eaton-Fuller, converted to motorhome "Vanishing Point" after a favourite American movie.
3 Kw solar 800 Ah Lithium house battery pack, all engine cooling done by the sun. Water injection for hot days and hill climbs.

More
6 years 3 months ago #190658 by jeffo
Replied by jeffo on topic cyclists
Just venting off when I suggested they be banned, not going to happen.
But I rode bikes to school from grade 1 or 2, through to senior, can't remember it was a long time ago. We had to ride single file, any double abreast was quickly given an earful from passing vehicles.
Best was a bloke with a Mack who would hit the air start beside doubled up kids, man did they get off the road fast then.
We rode over the old Bundy bridge with the sugar trucks as well as the old hand loaded cane trucks which were bloody wide with sticks hanging akimbo.
You could go via the foot bridge but there was a strict no riding rule, you had to walk your bike.
Funny how no one complained to their local member or such, we simply obeyed and got on with life.
On school footy days we'd ride across the bridge to Salter Oval, just one teacher on his old fixed wheel, Gladstone bag on the bar, and we all obeyed the single rule, no one was killed and the teacher scored big time respect from us.
But I hate bikes with their bloody woeful engineering, had too many repairs as a kid. I guarantee if you ask most of the lycra brigade, they will have joined the bike world in later life. I don't know anyone who rode to school every day, rain or shine who has taken up riding in later life.

Time to create page: 0.572 seconds