Skip to main content

S.A. Rego rules

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #193640 by Barossa
S.A. Rego rules was created by Barossa
Hi to all the Early Bedford fans. I have a ML nearing rego and heard a rumour as from 1/7 All new S.A rego will require a full road transport inspection.
As it is , if you have the last rego plate and matching numbers it is simply a matter of a number check and re register ?.
No sure I’m right , has any one any light on the subject
Thanks

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Sarge.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #193642 by 180wannabe
Replied by 180wannabe on topic S.A. Rego rules
Hi Barossa.
At the moment in SA, any heavy vehicle being put on full rego under a new name must pass a roadworthy inspection prior to being registered. Heavy vehicles being put on to club rego are currently exempt from this inspection.

If Service SA still has a record of the vehicle on their system, you will only need the relevant paper work to obtain club rego. If they don't have a record of the vehicle, you will also need to have an identity inspection done by a police officer, as well as the paperwork to obtain club rego, and you will most likely be issued with new number plates.

After July 1, stage two of the heavy vehicle inspection scheme is supposed to come into play, and heavy vehicles on full rego will be required to have periodic roadworthy inspections depending on the age of the vehicle, every year for vehicles 10 years and older. The DPTI "frequently asked questions" flyer i have says that after July 1 club rego will remain exempt from stage two requirements "at this time".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kwakatriple

More
5 years 11 months ago #193645 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic S.A. Rego rules
It also applies to any heavy vehicle being put on to SA rego in the same name but from a different state, I am going through this BS at present.

More
5 years 11 months ago #193646 by Pierre
Replied by Pierre on topic S.A. Rego rules
Barossa, I'll be keen to hear how you get on.
Keep us posted on the final process & pain encountered.
cheers
Pierre

Pierre

More
5 years 11 months ago #193647 by Barossa
Replied by Barossa on topic S.A. Rego rules
Thanks 180wannabe
Sounds like no panic yet if I reg through club.
I best contact the club and get the process started ,you never know what changes may be in the wind.
Thanks again

More
5 years 11 months ago #193648 by Barossa
Replied by Barossa on topic S.A. Rego rules
No worries , will do

More
5 years 11 months ago #193661 by swiftden
Replied by swiftden on topic S.A. Rego rules
If you go club rego. No inspection required. I did mine that way :)

More
5 years 11 months ago #193663 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic S.A. Rego rules
Was yours registered in SA previously? I Have been to service SA four times now and tried to change my fully registered trucks (on WA rego) into SA club rego and have been told no go unless they get a full SA roadworthy first then go back to club rego.

More
5 years 11 months ago #193667 by 180wannabe
Replied by 180wannabe on topic S.A. Rego rules
600Dodge,

I'm afraid i have no experience with vehicles from interstate, but i do know that to change the class of rego on any vehicle here in SA, you have to start with an un-registered vehicle.
I regularly change our farm truck and ute from primary producer rego to restricted primary producer rego. Each time i want to change from one to the other, and back again, i have to fill out a form to cancel the current rego, then fill out another form to apply for the class of rego i want to change to, and re-register. If the rego has expired, then i just apply for the class of rego i want at the time. It seems they can deal with registered vehicles, and they can deal with un-registered vehicles, but they can't deal with changing the class of rego of a currently registered vehicle.

I wonder if you would have any more luck at Service SA with an un-registered truck, especially applying for club rego???
If you start with an unregistered vehicle and go in with the relevant paper work for club rego, as well as an identity inspection form, i would like to think you would have some success.
It's just a suggestion, because as i said i have no experience with your specific situation. Coming from interstate might be the outright catch.

More
5 years 11 months ago #193670 by Murray
Replied by Murray on topic S.A. Rego rules
The existing Commercial Vehicles clubs in South Australia have done quite a bit of work with Dept.of Transport and the results have been almost all in our favour for Club Rego.
All heavy vehicles are to have an identity check, we are lucky that in country areas that can be done by the local Police.
All heavy vehicles have to have a roadworthy..EXCEPT..those previously registered in SA., sometimes Services SA will have trouble locating the previous rego. information as it may not be on their computer records, but they assure us they do have very old info still on paper.
Make sure your vehicle is roadworthy before taking for an identity check though, because if there is seen to be an obvious roadworthy issue the identity checker has the right to stamp on the paperwork Full Inspection Required. This is a safety issue and in all our interests.
Services SA have been slowly picking up on the rules for Club Rego and we have been quite happy with their improved understanding of it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kwakatriple

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds