Skip to main content

Road Worthy....?

More
5 years 1 month ago #199670 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Road Worthy....?
I believe that is where(ex) senator Ricky Muir had his business plan...........seems the Motoring Enthusiasts Party was an entity registered with Vic Roads to provide members with a means of getting rego on the outrageous customs you see regularly there......HQs with blowers so big they got no forward vision,and 3foot wide tyres....the service offered for a $100 p/a fee,no need for inspections or attendance....A lot of others too,I gather.............rules have been tightened somewhat ,but still far easier than other states.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #199671 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Road Worthy....?
maybe contact the club permit officer whose details can be found off the main website here

It used to be the case that everything required a RWC so that the previous club scuitineers didn't lose their houses if a vehicle was involved in an accident due to a fault they couldn't pick up. I remember reading they were reviewing it when the new Victorian Scheme came in but can't remember the outcome.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by bparo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Southbound

More
5 years 1 month ago #199688 by Claire
Replied by Claire on topic Road Worthy....?
Hi cliffo,
I took the 84 Unimog for its I/D check yesterday and tried my best to get them to exempt me from a roadworthy, as I’m putting it straight in to club rego, but even after a phone call to their head office the answer was ‘NO’ it still had to have a full roadworthy due to it being a ‘new owner’. They even stamped the I/D papers in big red letters ‘ROADWORTHY REQUIRED’.
I have one more card up my sleeve, but I’m not holding out hope.

More
5 years 1 month ago #199695 by cliffo
Replied by cliffo on topic Road Worthy....?
Hi Claire Can not work out why you have to have roadworthy as I have done 3 with 2 of them classed as new rego as I did not know who the previous owner was and just had identity check and that was all. Ring me on 0438816569 and I will give you a name to ring to sort it out

More
5 years 1 month ago #199703 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Road Worthy....?
I'm guessing that they want a roadworthy now as they are alwayts changing the rules and not telling anyone about it. Then the responsibilty is still thrown on you the owner for ensuring it always meets the rules.
It is exactly like my issue with having to put heavy vehicle plates on our 9500kg Lorry because the original black and yellow plates have faded due to poor quality paint on behalf of the then RTA. All I wanted to do is order replacement plates the same as being on him but that isn't going to happen.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Time to create page: 0.436 seconds