COVID

More
3 years 8 months ago #213508 by roKWiz
Replied by roKWiz on topic COVID

Mrsmackpaul wrote:

roKWiz wrote: The Fed. govco is ultimately responsible as far as I'm concerned

I have to disagree

We the people are the biggest problem here, most dont take it seriously
We (the public) are so busy trying to blame some one that we fail to even see us the public are to blame
We ignore advice, we some how think we are above this all

Shame on us and our stupidity

We really need to pull our heads out of our bums and accept blame for our own stupidity

We were warned and we are still ignoring advice

When was the last time and of us said to someone "he you, what you are doing is wrong, what you are doing is irresponsible"

I doubt any of us have, we dont want to rock the boat, we dont want a confrontation

We reap what we sow

At least we dont live in America I read on the Mack truck forum that a large group of members believe its a conspiracy to get rid of Trump

I checked today, 158,000 people have died in the US already, over 4 million infected and still people carry on with rubbish

Madness, shear madness

I'm glad I live in Australia

rant over

Paul

This was my whole point, the average Australian couldn't be trusted to do the right thing and the governments (in most countries) know that so take control and use the offshore places to quarantine. The Feds are still ultimately responsibly IMO
Really !!! telling people to self isolate, what the bloody hell did they think was going to happen. Then there was BLM, cruise ships, cattle ships.
We live on a big island if no one here has noticed, controlled by the Federal govco the Feds literally let it spread through to the states in the first place.

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #213510 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic COVID
The really big opening tap in all this is the Ruby Princess. Absolutely nothing to do with the Federal Government but a disaster brewed by the NSW State Government and the shipping company.

I don't think people get the message that health is a responsibility of the states. The federal government health officer has issued numerous recommendations during this. He has no power to make states do anything regarding health. Almost none of these recommendations have been taken up to the letter by the states. Each state acted independently ranging from much harsher than the federal advice to almost ignoring it.

The National Cabinet is a great idea and finally gets the premiers sitting down to look at the big picture and not just their state or more importantly their re-election prospects.

As said above over and over the spread of this disease, no matter where the perceived blame for its entry lays (and this is highly influenced by the political leanings of the writer), everybody in power is desperately trying to get on top of it. If every person in Australia did the right thing there would be no more Corona Virus cases in Australia within 6 weeks.

Unfortunately there is a huge proportion of the population too dumb, arrogant and ignorant for this to be little more than a pipe dream. A million public servants are trotting along on full pay wondering what the fuss is all about while millions of the rest of us are surrounded by collapsing businesses and job losses worse than the Great Depression.

Morrison is dead right to leave as much as he can in the health area to the states while trying to come to grips with the worst disaster to our nation (and probably the world) in a hundred years. Even the public servants working from home watching "Days of Our Lives" will start to lose their jobs as the economy is brought to its knees.

Nobody is to blame for the spread and continuation of this disease other than US. If I go around shooting at random from my car I will be arrested what is the difference from going around while infected or even after possible exposure. What a pity this disease is only killing old and sick people and not the fit young, I wonder what the community attitude would be then?

Come on, get with the program. It is not hard to limit our outings, social distance or wear a mask as recommended in infected areas. We will beat it but at what cost?

Lang

PS Ebay is booming. What about clicking on "From Australia Only" in the search box. Sure the stuff might still come from China but it is through an Australian distributor putting the little extra you pay into our economy other than the Chinese raping us and not one cent helping keep a fellow Australian in a job. It will arrive in 3 days instead of 3 weeks as a bonus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eerfree, Mrsmackpaul, Tacho, wee-allis, Zuffen

More
3 years 8 months ago #213516 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic COVID
The Ruby Princess" story has changed substantially from right at the start.......seeing as nothing happens in NSW without money changing hands .....and the original explanation was that the NSW Health accepted an "Veterinary Disease Report " ,instead of the correct one ,to pass on to the Port Authority to let the ship dock ......Now ,at that time ,the cruise company had very big financial interest in a quick ,two/three day turnaround of the cruise ship ....worth millions to them ,Id say......and would have been happy to grease the wheels to get the ship back out on the next cruise.........Just about every cruise there is an outbreak of some disease or other ,and I reckon the channels would have been open to the right people to avoid delays for a small fee........when you see the goings on in the Customs Department ,with bikies running the show,and bosses being sacked left right and centre.......not to mention Australia awash with imported ice.

More
3 years 8 months ago #213526 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic COVID
Lang, I am not sure you would call 30 old? There have been 4 30 year olds in the past week in victoria 1 of which was a doctor! There's also been about 10 people in their 40's, a dozen or so in their 50s, a baby and there are schoolkids in Bendigo in hospital with the disease.

I find it hard to believe there isn't at least one case there without a preexisting condition. What started as a common excuse used to avoid measures as "It only affects the elderly with preexisting conditons" morphed to "it only affects the elderly" to "it only affects the elderly or those with preexisting conditions who were going to die anyway| as though cutting their life short by 20 or 30 years didn't matter!

The point it isn't just a cold or a disease of the elderly it is something that can take months or years to recover from. People diagnosed in march who have "recovered" are still not well enough to go to work with heart and respiratory problems they didn't have before the virus.

Last weekend we (while Melbourne was in stage 3 and pre mask) the local hospital had a couple present with symptoms. They were from Brighton and had borrowed a set of keys to a holiday house near the Murray River between lockdowns. As they still had the keys they drove out of locked down Melbourne to Echuca for the weekend "as they were bored". What part of stay home is this?

a school colleague is a police officer in a Hume Highway town. They got a call out to a farm, sorted the issue but noticed a lot more traffic then normal on that back road, especially caravans. So he and his partner started doing rego checks, turning around 23 vehicles and fining their occupants in a 2 hour interval before they got another call. He doesn't think he got them all as there were times when both he and his partner were busy dealing with different vehicles as others went past.

Both these incidents show people can't follow instructions but blame the politicians when either they get caught or things go wrong

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
3 years 8 months ago #213533 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic COVID

JOHN.K. wrote: The Ruby Princess" story has changed substantially from right at the start.......seeing as nothing happens in NSW without money changing hands .....and the original explanation was that the NSW Health accepted an "Veterinary Disease Report " ,instead of the correct one ,to pass on to the Port Authority to let the ship dock ......Now ,at that time ,the cruise company had very big financial interest in a quick ,two/three day turnaround of the cruise ship ....worth millions to them ,Id say......and would have been happy to grease the wheels to get the ship back out on the next cruise.........Just about every cruise there is an outbreak of some disease or other ,and I reckon the channels would have been open to the right people to avoid delays for a small fee........when you see the goings on in the Customs Department ,with bikies running the show,and bosses being sacked left right and centre.......not to mention Australia awash with imported ice.

John, This might Interest you.....
truecrimenewsweekly.com/plague-ship-covi...avirus-in-australia/

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
3 years 8 months ago #213538 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic COVID
Hayseed

Have a look at the stories in that rag. I don't think you could take anything in it seriously.

Lang

More
3 years 8 months ago #213540 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic COVID
The head of Customs investigation section was a bandido bikie ,and his brother was the 'Sargeant at Arms" ie chief enforcer of the Bandidos .........you dont make this kind of stuff up...yet its a fact.,reported on the ABC news.......just like one NSW police deputy comissioner arresting another deputy comissioner for corruption ,and being arrested herself for the same charge......but both are still NSW police deputy comissioners ,or did I dream that?

More
3 years 8 months ago #213560 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic COVID
My Wife just saw on an Apple news feed, that New Zealand has reported 100 days without a positive Coronavirus case.
If you remember, New Zealand went into very strict, stay at home restrictions with NO businesses trading, at the start of this year, well before we started any restrictions.
Kiwis were so tired of being housebound that it made the news here, when people queued at McDonalds at four o'clock on the morning restrictions were eased.
It all paid off.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
3 years 8 months ago #213567 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic COVID
I post this reluctantly in case I get yelled at!
I'm in agreeance with the commentator, it seems to make an awful lot of sense to me- but that doesn't mean either he, or I, am correct in his take on it.
Your considered thoughts please?

More
3 years 8 months ago #213568 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic COVID
Sorry- I tried to put the URL in from about ten minutes, thats when he talks about Covid. but for some reason it pasted the whole 48 minute thing, which I havent actually watched. There's another whole discussion I'm sure !!
Cheers
Rich

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds