Skip to main content

Turbo project

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #213862 by Rattail 1927
Replied by Rattail 1927 on topic Turbo project
Thanks Jon , I still haven’t looked at the oil piping kit I have bought, I have a sump with a fitting on my spare engine that is at the top as it had a air compressor on it , I will check the kit I bought tomorrow, tell me do you have a turbo 345/392 ci engine, I never clicked the other night when you mentioned about the manifolds , any info be helpful, jim
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Rattail 1927.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #213866 by jon_d
Replied by jon_d on topic Turbo project
Jim,

No, I just have an Isuzu 6BG1 intercooled turbo that I shoehorned into the Bedford. Drives like a Rolls Royce. Top speed unknown. :whistle: It runs about 13 psi boost and 4-500 * EGT on a long steady hill.

As mentioned, I had to rebuild the turbo with bits of a Chinese replacement and the Jap IHI.
IHI compressor turbine, turbine housing and core, Chinese exhaust housing, seals and bits, Chinese exhaust wheel and axle.

My piping was just 2 and 3 inch mild steel exhaust pipe - mandrel bends. Welded and oiled inside. (still clean).

The photo is the only one I could find showing the manifold port; it was quite small compared to the Isuzu manifold. (The reason for being on the mill is to align the core. The inlet side was rubbing.) apologies for a little off topic.
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by jon_d.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rattail 1927

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #213869 by Rattail 1927
Replied by Rattail 1927 on topic Turbo project
Hi Jon , did you say the turbine housing is smaller compared to your old one? If so you will find you will get a bit more boost when you work your engine, and it will spool up quicker compared to before , I’ve got the oil supply kit out, the fitting is restricted , all looks great !
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Rattail 1927.

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds