Skip to main content

What year/s are these vehicles

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #251450 by overnite
Jarrod, not maybe, it is a 1938 Chev ute.
The following user(s) said Thank You: asw120

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago - 3 weeks 5 days ago #251453 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic What year/s are these vehicles
Across the road I reckon that's a 1937 Chrysler Royal Sedan, or (remotely possible) a '37 Dodge? 

So far as the older vehicle beside the International is concerned, from the amount you can see there is not much to go on, but the shape of the roof would seem to place it around 1927 ('28 saw rounder curves at the rear on a few cars) and as another remote possibility again I'll have a go at Dodge?  
Last edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by PDU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wee-allis

More
3 weeks 5 days ago - 3 weeks 5 days ago #251454 by 180wannabe
I agree the vintage sedan is likely 1927, and the drum headlights and peaked guards do resemble Dodge. 

I'll suggest the tourer is 1929 or 1930, possibly Buick.

Brett.
Last edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by 180wannabe. Reason: add detail

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #251458 by Normanby
Thanks to all who replied so far with information on the vehicles. It seems the postcard and photo was some years old when it was posted in 1951 so early post WW2 appears likely as has been suggested. With no vehicles made post war in the photo it is hard to know just when the photo was taken and I don't think souvenir postcards would have been made during war time. I may contact the Innisfail society to see whether they may be able to identify the time from the buildings or signs particularly the one at the far intersection advertising the Police Ball.

Time to create page: 0.462 seconds