Skip to main content

Fruehauf Cattle Cruiser

More
2 years 8 months ago #224955 by Tassie Dan
Replied by Tassie Dan on topic Fruehauf Cattle Cruiser
Thats fantastic, I also really enjoyed watching that and even stopped what I was doing to watch it properly. Well done and thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #224956 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Fruehauf Cattle Cruiser
Yeah, Top Hole, Mrs.
Certainly got more patience than I would have, confronted with that lot I reckon I may have thrown the hands in the air and snatched it!
But, you done well!
Cheers, Dave_64

More
2 years 7 months ago #224959 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Fruehauf Cattle Cruiser

Hi AllyPaul interesting how they built rigidity into the trailer Are going to put those small top Hat sections back in between the up rights just asking Notice all the holes in the sheets also have like a flanged for strength. The welding well we will leave that there:unsure:

Mate, I reckon those Top Hat Bits are Patchs that have been put there to disguise/Hide the Corrosion/rust. You can see where some of the Posts have been patched/repaired with the same Profile..

I could be wrong though.!

I'm sure Paul will set us Straight..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
2 years 7 months ago #224965 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Fruehauf Cattle Cruiser
Good news Dave, you will sleep well tonight with number 5 hot off the press, the ink is hardly dry yet

Browny and Seed the aluminum top hat bits are to cover corroded holes in the trailer, the vertical ones are to cover or maybe reinforce the crate were it has brushed up against something tougher than the crate

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan, BillyP, cobbadog, Dave_64, Lang, PaulFH, asw120, wee-allis, oliver1950, Tassie Dan

More
2 years 7 months ago #224966 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Fruehauf Cattle Cruiser
Ok thanks Paul.

More
2 years 7 months ago #224971 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Fruehauf Cattle Cruiser
/brilliant Story Paul and well put together. Did you end up finishing the project off once you got it back home?
Something of interest to me was the way you quickly described how you did your wiring and break into the main cable, solder, double heat srink then another heat shrink over the top again. One day when possib le and you have a bit of scrap cable could you show us the process please. I have aften wondered the best way to 'break into' a wiring harness, make a soldered joint and seal it properly without a gap between the harness and the light wire being connected to it.
I bet the smile did not leave your face on the trip home either with this trailer behind you. Every time you checked the mirrors I can imagine what you would say, as I would and do when a new toy follows me home.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, Tassie Dan

More
2 years 7 months ago #224988 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Fruehauf Cattle Cruiser
The worst thing you can do with respect to trailer wiring is break into it, best practice is to run the backbone cable from front to back as Paul did and also as Paul did, run 6mm cable(this is a legal requirement for road train rated trailers) then at the rear of the trailer put in a junction box and from there run all the other wiring. This allows easy fault finding by being able to seperate the main wiring from the ancillary wiring. I am not really a fan of soldering as it requires cutting wires to fault find, I only solder where it is impossible to do anything else. I personally use deutsch plugs wherever possible as you can easily disconnect while fault finding. Running the cables in conduit and heatshrinking the ends to keep out moisture and dirt also helps longevity as does the trick of double wrapping the cable ties which gives a far better grab on the cable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Tassie Dan

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
2 years 7 months ago #224994 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Fruehauf Cattle Cruiser
Mrs
gudday m8
I have now seen #1 movie
iz gr8
@ tme 3:00
is th@ softdrink bottle to drink or is it storage 4 wen U get caught bit short
or If it is a source to fight fires
I would suggest Coca Cola heated up on the dash & with a good shake up make a good fire extingwisher
LOL
keep m cummin

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
2 years 7 months ago #224996 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Fruehauf Cattle Cruiser
So as I understand your thoughts you suggest to run the multi strand 6mm cable from front to rear with no breaks then run a separate wire back up the trailer to each clearance light, is that right?

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 7 months ago #225000 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Fruehauf Cattle Cruiser
Thats it cobba, keeps the integrity of the main frame cable intact, if you start chopping into the cable it creates failure points from moisture ingress or dodgy joins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Time to create page: 0.577 seconds