I have a couple of 300 Isuzu's and they dont have anything either

Thinking it was a safety thibg if the door didn't shut properly on the bus

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #226275 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic UD exhaust brake
The Toyota coaster busses definitely had something that stopped you driving off if the doors wernt closed.......dont recall exacly what it did tho.

More
2 years 6 months ago #226281 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic UD exhaust brake
Been a lot of years since I worked on a couple ow CW UD's, but memory tells me they did have a micro switch on the pump linkage.

More
2 years 6 months ago #226316 by wedgetail84
Replied by wedgetail84 on topic UD exhaust brake

Having a few smaller Jap trucks myself, I can not say I've even seen something that stops you pressing down on the acc pedal. When you do that it just cancels the exhaust braking via a couple of switches, one on the clutch pedal, one on the acc pedal (both look similar to a stoplight switch)
this has been my experience - with similar era isuzu and Hinos at least and it’s what I was expecting

More
2 years 6 months ago #226317 by wedgetail84
Replied by wedgetail84 on topic UD exhaust brake

Been a lot of years since I worked on a couple ow CW UD's, but memory tells me they did have a micro switch on the pump linkage.
you may well be right, I should stop being a lazy bastard and just back it out of the shed, drop the bullbar and tilt the cab rather than getting you fellas to tell me! It’s just logic says a micro switch on the pedal assembly is a much better place for a micro switch than in the hot/dirty/vibrating/distant fuel pump area

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds