Skip to main content

Frauline Friday

More
1 year 7 months ago #238942 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Frauline Friday
Some classy looking jiggers thereDid the McGrath trailer have 10 stud rims A old stock carter fella I new moved up in the world from.C and D line Inters to 1418 Benz and his trailer moved up to 10 stud rims as well, pretty sure it gained a axle to make full use of all of that unbridled horse power Let me spin the dial and see what pirated pics I can borrow

Remember if you have seen them before your about to be twice as lucky

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #238945 by PaulFH
Replied by PaulFH on topic Frauline Friday
Visit to the Road Museum, Port Pirie.
Sad to see this heavy spec old Frauline.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, overlander, roKWiz

More
1 year 7 months ago #238946 by Mrsmackpaul
That would of been a classy looking Frauline in her day

Is that a air start tank I spy ?

Paul

More
1 year 7 months ago #238948 by PaulFH
Replied by PaulFH on topic Frauline Friday
Looked that way Paul, couldn’t get a look at the power plant but large air supply to that tank. Heavy springs on the drive.

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #239089 by Mrsmackpaul
Well talk about a let down, anti climax

You know when your putting in all the good words with a bird on Saturday night, buying her the classy drinks, whispering sweet nothings into her ear
And she turns around and say "your really nice, but I just wanns be friends"

Thats the type of deal I'm talking about

New Vintage Trucks magazine arrived and I was thinking to my self "Pauly G" your gunna be in for a good time tonight"

Well I ripped offthe plastic wrapper and dove right in to only find after much finger thru the pages I've gotta wate until next month

"NOT HAPPY JAN"

Anyway I guess it is always good to have something to look forward to

Paul

Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Mrsmackpaul.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
1 year 7 months ago #239090 by Mrsmackpaul
So not to get a good Frauline lover down I give you this week's Frauline Friday Fraulines All freshly flogged from Facelessbook

Craig Johnson photo, Trafalgar 1977

Photos taken by Dave Tierney in late 1960s when he did the Perth - Port Hedland chiller run with Gascoyne.

Check out the custom head lights

Some likely lads photo bombing a Frauline

Obviously some happy Frauline lovers

Have a great weekend one and all

Paul

The following user(s) said Thank You: Inter-Action, Lang, overlander, PaulFH, roKWiz, V8Ian, xspanrman, oliver1950

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #239091 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Frauline Friday
Pretty sure Charles Kingsford Smith started Gascoyne Trading, will check.

Yes here it is.

In 1924, fresh from a stint as a pilot for Australia`s first commercial airline, Sir Charles Kingsford-Smith and Keith Anderson bought a truck and set up business as the Gascoyne Transport Company. Kingsford-Smith figured that with his mechanical knowledge and the new-fangled technology of motorised transport he would out-do the camel trains and horse wagons on many inland delivery routes.

He also thought that if he was right the money he would make would finance his dream - to be the first to fly the Pacific. One of his contracts was the mail run from Carnarvon to the Bangemall goldfields near Mt Augustus.

Gascoyne Trading Company (GTC) was a transport company in Western Australia. It was established in 1924 by Keith Anderson and Charles Kingsford-Smith in Carnarvon.[1][2] One of its early contracts was the mail run through the Gascoyne to Meekatharra.[3][4] It expanded to serve industries between Perth and the Pilbara.[5][6]

GTC was a significant banana deliverer to markets in Perth.[7] In 1950 it was purchased by Wesfarmers growing to become the largest transport operator in Western Australia.[8][9] Until 1971 it held the sole rights for direct road transport between Carnarvon and Perth.[10] In 1973 a joint venture was formed with Downard to enter the interstate freight forwarding market between Western Australia and Victoria.[11]

In 1985, GTC purchased a 50% shareholding in Total West from Mayne Nickless.[12] In 1996, after taking full ownership of Total West, Wesfarmers merged it with GTC to form Wesfarmers Transport.[13][14] In 2001 the business was sold to Toll Holdings.

Kingsford Smith went on to his well known aviation exploits and Keith Anderson was an equally significant later pilot who died in the desert looking for his mate Charles in the infamous Coffee Royale Affair. Dick Smith found his aircraft the "Kookaburra" in the Tanami Desert only about 20 years ago.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Vincent_Anderson
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #239092 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Frauline Friday
The following images were sent to us via the mailbox from a Carl Robinson. Hpefully Car will join up and provide some more details of these ladies for you all.

Can you please dump these pictures of my late fathers Mercedes Benz trucks into the Frauline Friday recent topics page on the forum?

I am an avid viewer of your website but not a member. It would be nice for me to display these pictures on your page.

Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Gryphon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Inter-Action, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, roKWiz, Tacho, oliver1950

More
1 year 7 months ago #239093 by Gryphon
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Inter-Action, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, oliver1950

More
1 year 7 months ago #239094 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Frauline Friday
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Morris, Inter-Action, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, roKWiz, wee-allis

Time to create page: 0.635 seconds