Skip to main content

Club Rego Qld

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #248573 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Club Rego Qld
Qld Dept of Transport are hopeless.

Every year I have had a club registration renewal on a truck it comes with a notice saying it has to have an inspection. Every year I trudge into the motor registry, argue at the counter, they can not find anything on their computer (until I tell them where to look), ring head office and 10 minutes later they come out saying I do not need an inspection as though they are expecting thanks for their detective work.

Every year I say please make a note on the registration that club vehicles do not need annual inspection.

Tap,tap.tap "All fixed"

12 months later another inspection letter and trudge into the Motor Registry.

Where do they find these people?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Urchy87, overlander, PaulFH, wee-allis, Brocky45

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #248574 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Club Rego Qld
I remember a long time ago,Kerry Stanton got an inspection notice on his DUKW.........anyway ,we took it to the Transport ,and the the boss comes out ..."wtf is this ?......we cant inspect it .....get it out of here."
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, PaulFH, asw120

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #248580 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Club Rego Qld
When I bought the White, it just needed a normal RWC to transfer it into my name. I have never had a notice asking for it to be inspected.
Lucky me :)

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #248583 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Club Rego Qld
Even with a full rego,the Safety Cert is good for the first year.........the Vietnamese next to me used to get a new rego every year on their trucks ,so they didnt have to go over the pits ....Used to be a Viet mechanic up behind Denmac Ford at Darra would write the cert for $300 ......Minh had a White like yours ,with a 8V71 ,and the whole alloy front crossmember was missing ,and as this is also a spacer for the steering box bolts ,the steering used to turn on the chassis......they were funny people .........he had a wreck of a Volvo 8 wheeler ,he hadnt paid the driver ,so the driver took the truck to a scrapyard and sold the ally tipping body for scrap and kept the money.
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, asw120

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #248584 by Brocky45
Replied by Brocky45 on topic Club Rego Qld
Lang, You folks must be importing your rego people from up here in our Dept of Motor Vehicles staff.. The majority of them in all States are total idiots..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds