Skip to main content

Kenworth W81A

14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #26852 by
Replied by on topic Re: Kenworth W81A
Ian - That complete rig has been on eBay for what appears to be around 3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #26853 by
Here's another thing to watch for - eBay seller ID deceit. The seller of the KW shows a 100% positive feedback, with 992 feedbacks. A quick check of the feedbacks, shows the seller has never sold a single thing on eBay, ever.
All of the feedback is purchases .. and all of the purchases, are "homey" stuff, such as jewellery, household knick-knacks, books, clothes, etc. I'll wager the seller is using his wifes eBay account. I hate these kind of people.

For starters, they are abusing eBay seller rules. eBay rules state clearly, that you are not to use another sellers account .. you have to sell under your own name and your own ID.
I get this a lot of the time .. I buy something, then I find I'm dealing with a Kevin instead of an Angela.
The boyfriend is using his girlfriends eBay account so he can hide behind it, and there's no comeback on him personally, if he pulls a shonky stunt.

This is pure deceit, and once caught, I mark these people down, record their ID and refuse to deal with them. I also report them to eBay. If a bloke hides behind his wifes or girlfriends ID, there's deceit in the air. It takes SFA to start your own account with eBay.
A wifes or girlfriends eBay account is not a record of the trustworthiness of the husband or boyfriend. Be alert to suss sellers, the world needs more LERTS .. :D

14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #26854 by
Ian - Here's some more for you to consider. A nice straight old Drake tandem float, just out of Brizzy, towards Surfers, for $17,500 ONO.
This float would carry anything you could put on it. It's not registered and might need a bit of work, but it looks pretty straight for the $$'s. You'd better be quick, I can see Cam's fingers twitching, and reaching for the phone, right about now .. ;D ;D

www.tradingpost.com.au/Automotive/Carava...Result=true&AdOnTop=

14 years 1 week ago #26855 by

Ian - Here's some more for you to consider. A nice straight old Drake tandem float, just out of Brizzy, towards Surfers, for $17,500 ONO.

Had a look at the link for that old float.

Sent shivers down me spine just looking at it, reckon if you scratched that yellow paint, you WILL find Brambles red under it. Whoever fitted the ramps to it and did a couple of other things, forgot to take that tie down ring of the neck. Used it many times to hold down a spare 10-00 x 20. They even left the rings down the side as well, only they have added a couple of angle braces to hold the top web from bending on the outside rail.

If you go have a real good look at the rear end, the brakes should be AIR over HYDRAULIC, absolute AR$EHOLE to stop with a good bit of puddin' on it. It will have single point suspension under it, like a Mack camelback suspension, rocks and sways all over the joint, you would think it was made from licorice, not mild steel.

You could do a lot better than buy this thing, wow, still got goosebumps from seeing it again.

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 1 week ago #26856 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Kenworth W81A

Eeeeee n Oz
GuddayM8

Juan Trak............. Bar hum bug
U got u're hand on your sword
those on the left must think us right livers R all related to Ned Kelly
LOL

I trust Eeem Oz'z better judgement on the beast
he should kno ifn it been in a major as most everything else is replaceable

with any old truck U just never kno when sumthing is guuna fail as there aint no guarantees
even new trucks only get 12 months

Make sure the rego papers numbers all match wotz on the beast, look along the chassis rails for nice straight lines with no repairs same with trailer
also check GCM n GCM of the rig
B good 2 C it start up from cold after it has sat for a few days
ask the seller wot he carts on float n if he has a 20 ton excavator ask him to sho U how he loads it
Q:? Does it look like it has just been married up (truck n trailer) for the sale or it looks genuinely set up as a real float rig

there R lotsa people th@ aint computer savy, so they use ebay accounts of more knowledable people
they may not also no wot n how with the photos

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 1 week ago #26857 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Kenworth W81A
Ian, if that float has air over hydraulic brakes, it's worth about $5,000, that's what I paid for the ex Gladstone TAFE one, that had 90% tyres and hydraulic ramps, and had a lot of money wasted on it from the government, who can afford to waste money, it's not as if they've had to earn it.
The old KW, I know they look good, and they've got a lot of fans, but you could probobly buy a KW almost 20 years newer for the same dollars. Don't let it fall over either, those KW cabs are not known for thier strength if you tip one over, fibreglass and aluminium might not rust, but steel is most definatly stronger.

More
14 years 1 week ago #26858 by Old AB
Replied by Old AB on topic Re: Kenworth W81A
Hay Ian. The one at Groves for sale is the old Blue Mule Less the sleeper, From the old Wanless and Metalcorp days in Gladstone. Ruff but a nice coat of paint. Leave him there would be best......... Tony.........

Keep old inters alive.

More
14 years 1 week ago #26859 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Kenworth W81A
Tony, Wanless owns Grove.

More
14 years 1 week ago #26860 by Old AB
Replied by Old AB on topic Re: Kenworth W81A
Thats spot on Cam. Thats the place to try and sell them before they go to the wreckin yard, or saved from he wreckin yard. The best of both worlds.

Keep old inters alive.

More
14 years 1 week ago #26861 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Kenworth W81A
Hi Swishy ,I tend yo agree with all your words of wisdom . What he has told us was the float is an ex local council one and the council did shift a 20 tonner with it. It is not really going to work for a living with us . Saw it ,like the idea of it . We have a backhoe that sits around doing bugger all that we own . Its really a waste just sitting there and getting worth less of course each year we own it . We would certainly use a float more than what the Bhoe is being used ,so for round 20 G it would be cheap ,sort of . But as you would well know ,theres nothing cheap about owning trucks. The trailer does have a winch mounted on it ,but no power pack . I take it that the GCM should be 39 tons ,so should give it 18 ton tare to play with . When you don't need something but want something . it can all turn to tears later on . .Thats why i is here asking questions ,cause i know there are going to be honest answers . Congratulations too by the way swish on reaching the 2000th mark . Ian .

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds