Skip to main content

ever seen this R200 about

More
15 years 8 months ago #3294 by Andy Wright
Well done Werk. Great to see she's still around.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #3295 by werkhorse

welldone werkhorse(legend)
do you know much more about the old girl, i am wonder what her future might hold ,
again great work would be keen 2 C some more pics 1 day
i would guess that the engine would be gone ,it had a 903 last time i saw it ..Pat

Well I had my once a year trip back out there again and shot a few more pic's, altho the bloody camera died on my and I had to use the phone camera which was almost full too.

Here are a few more pics of the ol girl.

Yes the 903 is still in it

Cab mounts......certainly different :-?

and a shot of the front hanger/steeringbox..........any guesses as to it's origin ???

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
14 years 10 months ago #3296 by kennymopar2
i hope someone is going to restore it . . . . .

More
14 years 10 months ago #3297 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: ever seen this R200 about
What an unfortunate difference 12 years makes.ian.

More
14 years 10 months ago #3298 by melonreo
thanks for the effort WERK
check out the length of that gear lever ,must of been a tad awkward to drive after a while,,, :-?
looks like the cab was lifted 12 inches and the gear lever 24 :P

14 years 10 months ago #3299 by
Replied by on topic Re: ever seen this R200 about

check out the length of that gear lever ,must of been a tad awkward to drive after a while,,, :-?

Ah, a Road Ranger box, the slots for each gear are very close and if you add an extension of any sort to the stick, then it opens the pattern out and makes it a whole lot easier to grab gears when you need to get them.

So not awkward at all, OK, the throw between gears is a bit longer, by about an inch, or so, but you sure could get it in the hole a lot quicker.

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
14 years 10 months ago #3300 by Cunning Stunt
Wow, I havn't seen that truck in years. When I was an apprentice in the late 80's/early90's I would see it running up Lane Cove Road in Sydney heading North with pipes from Tubemakers on the back. It was immaculate (I never knew what it was, used to tell my Dad that it was an old truck that was round like a B series Mack........). Eventually I found where it lived in Bass Hill, I must have been in my mid 20's, about 1995 when I last saw it there.

When the Old Man worked for Channel 10 I would travel in his truck to Qld for the football telecast and we saw it up the New England one time, top of Moonbey's broken down. Hope someone saves it. :'(

Some play hard to get

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #3301 by melonreo
greenie
i know what you are saying 100%.
i just think it is to high up in the cab- sitting with your arm up high,, iwas a big trend in U.S.A years ago..
i think that the possition of the gear lever in a kenworth T600 and models so on is about as good as it gets..
there is a big difference in the length of the bottom of a gear lever length from the pivot tower - in say a older 1980 SAR to 1980,s western star.which makes a big distance in the travel of the stick.

its hard to imagine any one having trouble with the gate pattern in a bonneted trucks.
i have done a lot of kays in a Kenworth K100E, the gear lever is tucked in nice and close to the seat - but there is just enough room to put your arm down there between the engine cover and the seat. gear lever only moved backward and forward about 3 inches and 2 1/2 left and right..

hopped in a old R600 truck many years ago and the owner had cut the 2 sticks off bellow seat level,, the were rather stiff to slot around,.
at least they would be out of the way for a lay down
are the good old days ;) :'(
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by melonreo.

More
14 years 10 months ago #3302 by melonreo
WERKHORSE
i have worked out that the steering box on the big old green job is a ZF steering box :-?

14 years 10 months ago #3303 by
Replied by on topic Re: ever seen this R200 about
Pat in the first pic i see it was hauling for John Van Rol JVR transport a blast from the past i did some work for them local in Melb. Dave

Time to create page: 0.598 seconds