Skip to main content

Atkinson with 8 cyl gardner

More
9 years 3 months ago #47573 by 67mustang
Great result if it is the said truck

The photo with the stock crate looks great, would be awesome to see it rolling the roads again long side my CLine and stock crate, come on fingers crossed

67Mustang

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #47574 by wreckerpat
Hopefully this will all work out, would be nice to see this old girl saved by it's original family owners...The early pics with the dog, the old double CM petrol bowser etc were great too. :)

Those bloody boaties have a lot to answer for, a lot of Gardiners have been pinched from good trucks over the years for that purpose. >:( ::)

cheers Pat

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #47575 by Oilman
Unfortunately there wasn't a fairy tale ending. Not only had the engine been removed but the sleeper cab had a hole punched in it amongst other things. :'( :-[ >:( :(

1975 Atkinson, 180HP 6LXB Gardner, RTO910, 34000lb Rockwell on camelback
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by IHScout.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #47576 by
Replied by on topic Re: Atkinson with 8 cyl gardner
G'day oilman .. the fibreglass cab shouldn't be to hard to patch and repair....maybe just take baby steps with her ?

...just a late edit, but there may be good merit in at least capturing the old girl and figure out what to do with her later on....

...at least that way no regrets can be had for not getting her home........

More
9 years 2 months ago #47577 by Giddy up Go
G'day Oilman,great old pics ta for sharing....Sometimes the 'thrill' of the hunt ends up with a not so 'thrilling' outcome :(. P.S. I,ll ask what everyone else is thinking...Mate what was in that 'big red shed'...??? :D.

"Gotta long way to go and a short time to get there....."

More
9 years 2 months ago #47578 by 82cabover
Aahhh spoken like a true hunter there Giddy ;)

livin the dream oldskool is cool

More
9 years 2 months ago #47579 by Phred1
Was a single axle one with half sleeper 10 speed R/R for sale at Bardmedman many years ago it had a single axle aluminium tipping trailer. Had a kirkstall dif with the springs mounted underneath the chassis rails. Stopped to drool acouple of times it was in reasonably good condition would be intresting to find out where it went.

More
9 years 2 months ago #47580 by Cunning Stunt
Hey Oilman, going on the unusual twin large airhorn treatment, if I was a betting man I'd be saying that you had the truck.................maybe I'm easier please but as neglected as she is, I'd still call it a fairy tale ending :).

Dads old truck??? Brilliant!!

Some play hard to get

More
9 years 2 months ago #47581 by 82cabover
Im with C S I spent a couple years trying to track down my dads ole banger,no fairy tale ending but some good out of it,1 was the hunt and spoke to 2nd last owner by phone who led me to the last owner who told me he rode her out over the top of the first hairpin goin down Barrengarry mountain she was a complete wreck,but im sure I woulda still bought it just because it was dads and that I rode in it in my bassinet any way settled for pics off ole mate of her and a hand written letter case closed :(

livin the dream oldskool is cool

More
9 years 2 months ago #47582 by Giddy up Go
...Come in 'Agent82' do you read me...?? You work'in undercover?? ;D : Got some C.S.I cold cases if your keen..?? :D Good story re the Ol boys 'ACCODYNE',shame bout its demise :'(.It probably passed a Foden back in the 'day' with a bassinet in it to... ;D.

"Gotta long way to go and a short time to get there....."

Time to create page: 0.583 seconds