Skip to main content

Bedford 1946 k

More
13 years 5 days ago - 13 years 5 days ago #49645 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Bedford 1946 k
If your in Brisbane, you can just take the cylinders to "All Brake and Clutch" at Rocklea, they will either fix them or supply you the bits. There are plenty of Brake places about that will either supply the bits or resleeve and reco them for you. Nice looking truck mate.
Is it going to Beenleigh next weekend?
Last edit: 13 years 5 days ago by bigcam.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 days ago #49646 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Bedford 1946 k
Kpickup, I haven't driven my ML for a while as it's in storage in another state but I always took off in second gear unloaded (95% of the time).

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
13 years 5 days ago #49647 by Kpickup
Replied by Kpickup on topic Re: Bedford 1946 k
Thanks onetrack, bigcam and Andy.
2nd gear empty sounds like the go and a trip to Rocklea is on the horizon.
And I have missed something somewhere - Beenleigh - what dates :-[

More
13 years 5 days ago #49648 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Bedford 1946 k
Missed something? only the first truck show for old trucks in a year (blame the weather) not this weekend (everyone is at the Hunter do) but the next one. 21st and 22nd.

More
13 years 5 days ago - 13 years 5 days ago #49649 by Kpickup
More than happy to come along but I will still have no brakes by then - anyone with a small tilt tray interested in transporting the little K for a slab or two ::)
Last edit: 13 years 5 days ago by Kpickup.

More
13 years 1 day ago #49650 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Bedford 1946 k
Repco in urban areas will be strictly retail staffed by shelf fillers whereas country outlets are used to sourcing for old machinery and often keep the old catalogues. Cam's recommendation will be the go, especially if any of the cylinders need sleeving.
The K model has a higher speed diff so you may need to start in 1st occasionally.

More
13 years 1 day ago #49651 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Re: Bedford 1946 k
BHSS at Mayne will resleeve in stainless and fit new seals. They do good work and offer value.

More
13 years 23 hours ago #49652 by Kpickup
Thanks Ian - BHSS have moved to the southside somewhere - no longer at Mayne just up the road from me :(

More
13 years 8 hours ago #49653 by Kpickup
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationJust saw this on ebay and is likely to be scrap at the price they are asking for a no goer :(

More
12 years 11 months ago #49654 by VicHung
Replied by VicHung on topic Re: Bedford 1946 k
Just my 2 cents worth; the earlier O models had a completely non-synchro box and as far as I know the equivalent K models were the same. Double de-clutching is necessary to get a good change both up and down; it is a fairly wide ratio gearbox so the upward changes have to be made quite slowly with a pause in neutral before depressing the clutch pedal again and engaging the next gear.

Time to create page: 0.473 seconds