Skip to main content

Truckin about the district

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #75356 by Chocs

well tective, didnt think it would cost that much, wonder if chocs would do a discount rate on the next project. When i saw it i had to get a shot of the bulldog and the V8. Wish the mud flaps had (knights coonabarabran). ;D ;D

Copy Knighty....
All i can say is....start saving!!
I'll be just the boy for the job!
You can start the down payment in about a week....
i'll be lookin for a room when i run out of steam northbound next week... ;)
PS...i like the eggs sunny side up with soft yolks... :)

chocs 8-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #75357 by Chocs

ya know something knighty....to line, scroll and picture (cartoon) a truck like that now, would cost you near to 2000 dollars...all hand done .. and that work is exactly that

this was a standard procedure in the late eighties/early ninety's but i guess,...who realistically wants to afford that now ??

Never ceases to amaze me when ol mate spends $250000 - $300000 on a new banga, throws about 30 grands worth of stainless and chrome on the 5 year drip scheme and whinges at a few grand to make the standard white buggy into an outstanding piece of personalised equipment...
Why are so many bangas and fleets of the past remembered....because they were personalised and proudly displayed their livery and signage...
Blokes like me gave a $hit about presentation of such gear and went the hard yards to ensure it was done just right....
How many blokes brag how they have one of 'whatsanames' ol bangas.......
All in the paint and the signs......
You will always get what you pay for......

chocs 8-)

12 years 2 months ago #75358 by
Replied by on topic Re: Truckin about the district
That a great looking truck Knightly,
I love those colours. Detective that seems pretty cheap to me. I just finished a job in Mosman where the guy spent $3600 on two outside passageway 316 S/S ights inbedded in my wall, waited 6 weeks for them to be made in Florence and flown over ! !
You do great work Chocs, My only concern with handscrolling etc is how do you stop it fading?
Geoff

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #75359 by
g'day rokwiz .. i was only talking about the lines and scrolls etc....that multi colour cab/chassis paint would see you another 12,000 dollars lighter in the pocket approx. ...all in todays terms

cheers

12 years 2 months ago #75360 by
Hi Detective, Yeh thats all I was talking about.
Geoff

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #75361 by Chocs
Topic variance:

G'day Geoff..
Thank you for your comments..
Yes it is getting harder to stop the fade with 'todays' paints..
We buy the best week can buy, the last 'decent' lot was from the US, although the local product is better than it was early in the piece..
Couple of drops of 2k hardener helps the cause most times..bit hard on the gear though..
There are a few other tricks we will keep for a new thread..
We have found the quality vinyls take some tossing though..
Often a mixture of both compliments the task..

chocs 8-)

12 years 2 months ago #75362 by
Hi Chocs, I reckon your work looks great, you must get a kick out of seeing your work out on the hwys.
Geoff

12 years 2 months ago #75363 by
....just having a think about things ....that cruiseliner may even be bobby conways' work with the brush, as stewy and him have very similar styles and both fellas still do macks work......idstbc!!

so much for my absolute certainty :-[ :-[ :-/ :-/

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #75364 by Chocs
Thanks for that Geoff..
yes it is good to see a few of the 'nicer' ones out and about..like all trades though, there are plenty of 'run of the mill' jobs to do in between ..

I will say though Geoff, some of the more simple jobs are harder to pull off....less room for error.. ;)

Detecta...
Although we each have a 'style', many of each others styles are reflected in one and others works..
Regardless of name, some of those fellas sure did set the standards for blokes like me to live up to..
Like every other trade, the 'old hands' are thinning out and the 'young hands' are not as interested as their forefathers..

chocs 8-)

12 years 2 months ago #75365 by
Couldn't agree more, might have to put you in the next rare trades book.
From where my tag comes from.....
Geoff

Time to create page: 0.489 seconds