Skip to main content

Kenworth SAR

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #77207 by
Replied by on topic Re: Kenworth SAR
g'day angle iron .. just on reply # 48.....did i read on the forum how the fuel companies did away with the windscreen stone guard after a driver was trapped in his smashed cab with fuel sloshing everywhere, and could not extricate himself out because of the screen being entangled, and hindering his egress. ??

i guess cabovers may be a little different because of the bigger area to ''escape'' from and anyway...with much bigger 'screens in the cabover you're entitled to try to save the inevitable stone damage.

...did read it somewhere....cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 2 months ago #77208 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Kenworth SAR

Efective
Gudday M8

When U're drive n a COE (Cab Over Engine) truck
U always arrive @ the scene of an accident 1st
n @ times with no more than a few mm of alloy in front of U

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #77209 by
Replied by on topic Re: Kenworth SAR
...agreed swishy, but i've been told more than once how when an accident was imminent in a sleeper COE, the poor bugger threw himself into the bunk...and hoped....

realistically a day cab is just that...which is strictly what a conventional cab is....never mind the COE day cabs...not meant for overnighting, linehaul, high speed and all the inherent dramas of time sensitive deliveries.

the whole 1970's style of highway work in australia really was an abberation, re slim cabs doing overnight at a great rate of knots...and you will definitely not see it ever again, as the whole world has had to come to its senses.....regarding the family man who had just left behind a wife and kids.........

More
12 years 2 months ago #77210 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Kenworth SAR
Detective, I try and aviod accidents, but I must admit I have been involved in the odd one, all a fair while ago, and maybe makes you a bit more cautious, anyway, every time it all starts to go wrong, I think you are that busy trying to drive your way out of it or control the vehicle or whatever, but there is definatly no time for jumping in a bunk or buckling up a seat belt. Once it all goes wrong it's fingers crossed and along for the ride. Most certainly experience's I'd be happy to never have again.

More
12 years 2 months ago #77211 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: Kenworth SAR
Heres a couple for ya..

chocs 8-)

More
12 years 2 months ago #77212 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Re: Kenworth SAR
One we spoke of a recently, pretty well known I think. (actually looks like the one of Grays Bendigo?)
Series 60 15 speed, well it was anyway.

More
12 years 2 months ago #77213 by prodrive
And a few more that I look back on and wish we perhaps still owned....

More
12 years 2 months ago #77214 by prodrive

More
12 years 2 months ago #77215 by prodrive

More
12 years 2 months ago #77216 by prodrive
I actually took a video whilst this red SAR was being driven through country Victoria, I've never seen a truck so rattly, or so floppy and loose, with everything just bashing around, and riding like a billy cart. But it went back together really well, like Kenworth's do, everything tightened up and still worked, and it became quite a good truck after lots of bolting and re riveting! I guess that's why Kenworths are so popular, because a) they hang together, and B) when they don't hang together, you can put them back together!
Cheers
Richard

Time to create page: 0.594 seconds